Just a Brother

Charlotte gasped for air. "Don't resist or I'll stab you in the lungs." Oliver said coldly. Charlotte breathed hard. "Ol...Oliver.... Wh...what....are you doing?" Charlotte stuttered in pain. Blood seeped out of her gut. "Don't worry.... You baby. I didn't hit any internal organs. Just shut it and come with me."

Oliver took out the knife from Charlotte's gut. Charlotte fell to the floor in pain. She groaned. "Why...why are you....do..doing this." She breathed heavily. Oliver rolled his eyes. "You're so dumb. Haven't you figured it out yet?" Oliver pressure pointed Charlotte.

~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte woke up to a gun to her head. When her vision came back to her she was in a familiar place she would never forget. Nikki's house. In front of her sat Kegan. She looked at who was pointing the gun. Oliver. She heard muffled noises from the closet.

"So you're awake now my dearest. I was waiting for you. Now you better sit tight so I can give you orders." Kegan said with a smirk. "Yeah right! I'm not just gonna sit here and-" Charlotte tried getting up. She was tied to a chair. "Oliver help me!" Oliver smirked, "Why should I do that scumbag." Oliver messed up her hair with the point of the gun.

"What's wrong with-" Charlotte then felt a pain in her gut. She looked at her stomach. It was patched up with bandages but it still was in pain. She winced. "What's wrong with you?! We've been friends since Violet punched you in the face for talking to me in the third grade!" Oliver rolled his eyes, "Yeah I remember that. You're so dense."

Charlotte was hurt. Oliver was the first guy friend she ever made and was the first person she thought of as a brother. 'Why would he say this to me? Why is he doing this?' She thought to herself. Fear, confusion, and hurtfulness filled Charlotte. "You did this! You brain washed Oliver!!" Charlotte yelled at Kegan.

Kegan scoffed, "All I did was put sense into him. I did nothing wrong. But I did do worse to your friend Nikki." Kegan laughed. Kegan got up and went to the closet that had muffled noises coming out of it.

Once he opened it Charlotte gasped. "No..." Charlotte said shocked. What she saw was Nikki with scars and blood all over her. Her mouth was duct taped and she had a black eye. A terrified look was plastered onto Nikki's face like she was trying to say, 'I'm sorry, I tried.' "Nikki...." Charlotte said in fear, tears streamed down her face. Kegan laughed and closed the door. The muffling came back.

"I don't understand why you are doing this!?" Charlotte yelled in fear. Kegan cracked his knuckles and anger filled him. He punched Charlotte straight across the face. Charlotte's faced burned.

"How could you not know?! How?! It utterly hurts me that you don't know?! Like you erased her from your mind!! Like you never did anything wrong!!" Kegan yelled. He grabbed Charlotte's face and yelled at her, "Now you will SIT HERE and LISTEN!!!"

Kegan calmed down a little and sat at his seat. "So...Ms.Rilliar. You better do what I can say and if you don't do it in less than five days I'll kill off your little friend. What was her name again? Blue? Or was it Red? No... Purple?" Charlotte gritted her teeth in anger, "It's Violet!" She barked.

Kegan laughed, "Oh yeah Violet! That little dirtbag!" Charlotte scratched her arm and gritted her teeth in anger. Kegan explained, "Now you will bring me Mr.Griller, surrender to me, write a note of how you want to suffer, and bring me a box of almond chocolates." Charlotte murmured, "You're disgusting!"

Charlotte looked at Oliver with her pleading face, "Oliver snap out of it! He probably drugged you didn't he?! Or brainwashed you?!" Oliver rolled his eyes and slapped her with the gun. "I'm doing this out of my own will moron! Your like a dense brick." Charlotte broke down. She started to cry, "I get that sometimes Jake jokes around with me. And I get that Nikki would never hurt me. But why? Just why?!?! Why is it that I don't get that you're doing this to me?!?!?!" Charlotte yelled.

Oliver gritted his teeth. He dropped his gun and back handed Charlotte, "You know how dense you are!! You're so stupid it makes me want to puke! You never understand how I feel! We've been friends since the third grade yet everything is about you! You're so stupid!" Charlotte's cheek stung.

Her heart felt like it just shattered. She sniffled. Tears streamed down her face quickly. She cried out. "I'm sorry that I'm dense and I never get how you feel. And sometimes when you talk to me I barley listen. But you can't blame me for not knowing how you feel!! You're like a brick wall!! All you do is listen to me! You never tell me how you feel! Even though I try to-" Oliver slapped her face. His face was red. Was it anger or was it a blush? He had tears in his eyes too. Kegan watched us like we were a soap opera.
"Sometimes I wish I never met you." He said coldly. That broke it. That shattered Charlotte. Her heart hurt. Her hands sweated. She couldn't move. She couldn't say a word. She was shaking. In fear, in confusion, in regret, in hurtfulness. Everything hurt. She stopped crying. She was in shock. She had no more tears left. She already used up all her tears in the past weeks.

"You're an idiot sometimes...you know." Oliver said his voice getting lower. "I hate you.....I never want to see your face again..." Oliver looked away from Charlotte. Charlotte did nothing. Her broken pieces of herself broke even more. 'He hates me....that's just it. That's all there is. Oliver Maeson Mathews hates me. There is nothing I can do anymore. He never wants to see again...not at school not ever.' Charlotte said to herself.

"I hate you now. I guess that's what brother and sister do....they hate each other. And that's what I am to you anyways huh? Just a brother...." Oliver said coldly. "Nothing else but a brother that will always hate you. Not even if I used to love you.....just get out of my sight." Oliver walked away.