The Replaced and Forgotten

Oliver walked upstairs. "Oliver wait! Oliver!!" Charlotte cried. Kegan laughed, "What a heart breaker you are Ms.Rilliar. Time for you to go. You have five days before bye bye Violet." Kegan smirked. "No wait! What about Oliver!!" Charlotte cried.

Kegan rolled his eyes. "Sweetie, he's already broken, you can't fix it." He said coldly. He untied Charlotte and dragged her out the door. "No! No! Wait! Oliver!!"Charlotte cried struggling. Kegan slammed the door and Charlotte was locked outside.

Charlotte sat at the door step emotionless. What am I going to do. Then Charlotte thought of something. Something she should have thought of before.

Charlotte ran straight home. Once she ran home she grabbed her phone. "The police is what I need..." Charlotte said under her breath. But then she had a voicemail again...
From Wendy Fu.

"I don't have time to deal with this..." Charlotte said fear welling up in her. She shakily pressed the button and Wendy's voice came out if the phone. "Hey...uh....Charlotte? You haven't talked to me for a whole month now. Are you avoiding me? I'm sorry if I did something wrong. It's not like I'm jealous or anything but....did you replace me with Violet? I have to tell you something....I have a dis-" beep. It cut her off.

Charlotte was quiet for a moment. "Dis- what?!" Charlotte yelled confused. "Wendy.....please just tell me....what's going on?!" Charlotte yelled talking to herself. Charlotte had an idea....she went to Wendy's number and started texting her:

Wendy if you are reading this I miss you. I'm sorry for ever hurting you. Please forgive me. I would never replace you. You and violet are always in my heart. How are you giving me these voicemails if you're not....not alive? Please, I need answers. Just tell me what you know.

Charlotte sent the text. She yawned. It was already nine o'clock. She usually slept at ten but she was sleepy. She fell asleep on her bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte was a little girl. She was back in her kindergarten playground. Her hair was short so this was before Violet. Charlotte was playing on the swings but she couldn't go that high because she had weak legs. It was snowy so the swings made a rusty sound.

"Need help?" A little girl said from behind Charlotte. She had long light brown hair that was braided in two. Her eyes were hazel and light. She wore blue mittens, a green scarf and a winter jacket.

"Oh...I don't want you to go to the trouble." Charlotte said. The little girl pushed Charlotte anyways. "It's okay. I like pushing people so I get stronger. So when I grow stronger I can help all the people that get bullied." The girl said. "What's your name? I want to remember that. I'm Charlotte. Charlotte Dale Rillliar." Charlotte said. "I'm Wendy. Wendy Wong Fu. It's nice to meet you." Wendy said.

"I know what you're thinking. No I'm not all Taiwanese. I'm also German which explains my look." Wendy said. "You're a physic!" Charlotte said. They both laughed. "So once you get strong you'll protect me right?" Charlotte said. "Right. Will you protect me?" Wendy asked. "Of course."Charlotte said. The two of them laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Charlotte woke up. It was eight o'clock already! "Oh no! I don't have time to call the police! I have to go. I'll call after school! Remember that Charlotte!" She said to herself. She got dressed quickly and ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once lunch came, Charlotte sat down in her usual seat. Jake sat in front of her. Charlotte gritted her teeth. She took a deep breath and calmed down. "You seem calmer that usual?" Derrick said.

Then...something big happened. Nikki sat at our table. Everyone was shocked. She hasn't been to school for weeks and how she looked was scary. He wore bandages all over her and a black eye patch. Even with the bandages there were still some bruises that could be seen. "Nikki...Why are you here?" Jake said a little angered.

Nikki shakily sat at the table. Chrissy slammed the table with her fist in anger, "What are you doing here you price of scum?! You have ten seconds! Why are you here?!" Charlotte then unconsciously ran in front of Nikki, "No stop! She's a good guy! She helped me when Kegan kidnapped me. Jake was part of it too. Also she can't talk anyways! Her tongue is cut off!!" Everyone was shocked. "Is..is...is that true?" Ellie asked scared.

Nikki stuck out her tongue. It was cut off. The group gasped. "Someone better tell me what's going on.." Ellie said frightened. "Okay....but you won't believe me." Charlotte said.

Charlotte was about to tell the story but then she saw it. Oliver sitting with other people. He was also talking like he was having a fun time? Like more fun than he ever had with with Charlotte's group. He was with the band geeks. Charlotte knew Oliver played the clarinet but.... Now he's actually hanging out with them?

Charlotte felt guilt swell up in her, "Guys....do you see Oliver hanging out with those other people?" Derrick asked, "Who's Oliver?" Charlotte was confused, "How do you not know Oliver? You guys have been friends sincw the third grade."

"You mean Oliver Mathew? The Clarinet Geek?" Ellie asked. "No! Oliver the guy that always hung out with us since the third grade! How could you not remember? Is this a joke?!" Charlotte asked confused and a little scared. Chrissy asked, "What are you talking about? He's been with the band since the fifth grade. Remember when he left us for the band?" Charlotte was so confused, "What are you talking about? I don't understand?"

Charlotte decided to go up to Oliver. "Oliver! What are you doing sitting over here?" Charlotte was a little scared of what he was gonna say. She knew he didn't want to see her and that he stabbed her. She still cared for him and wanted to know what was happening.

"Who are you?" Oliver asked.