Date of Fear

"What?? This can't be right?? Why does everyone not know you?" Charlotte asked Oliver. "I'm sorry... Who are you?" Oliver asked. "No...." Charlotte said under her breath.

Charlotte ran out the cafeteria. She ran as fast as she could through the halls. "He must have left a note! I know it!" She said under her breath.

Once she got to her locker she opened it up quickly.

BOO!

A huge clown popped up at Charlotte. "AAAAHHH!!" Charlotte yelled in terror. The clown cackled like a maniac. In the clown's mouth was note:

Hello sweetie. Are you having a good day? I let Nikki go to school to give you a little fright. Oh, why does no one remember Oliver you ask? It's not like I drugged everyone's lunch or anything......I let Jake do it. You see, Oliver wants to forget you. He doesn't want you in his life. Get over it. I'm just doing him a favor. Change of our plans sweetie, Oliver gave me a better idea. Instead of giving you five days, I'll give you seven. But everyday.... One of you're little classmates will go missing one by one.....becareful..."

Charlotte dropped the note. The sentence, 'You see, Oliver wants to forget you,' floated in her head. 'He hates me....he really hates me.' Charlotte sunk to the floor. The pop up clown in her closet extracted back in her locker and then closed the door shut.

"Hey, Char! Why did you leave?" Derrick asked running up to her, "You ran out the cafetira like a maniac." He sat down beside her. Charlotte's heart skipped a beat, 'I'm suppose to kidnap him...what do I do...' Charlotte got up quickly, "Oh um....nothing... I just needed some air." Derrick got up too, " So you're okay now?"

'Now's my chance....if I kidnap him now no one will get hurt...' Charlotte said in her mind, 'But that would mean we would get hurt..." Charlotte reached for the ear buds in her pocket. She could tie him up with it.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine." Charlotte took out the ear buds. "Great, we should hang out sometime. Say, a movie a seven? We could watch 'The Rise.' Its about the zombie Apocalypse." Derrick said casually. Charlotte dropped her ear buds. She turned red, "What?! Like...like..." Derrick cut her off, "Yeah, like a date. I'll pick you up at six. Bye!" Then he walked away.

Charlotte stood there frozen thinking to herself, 'What just happened....did he just...so casually?! Why?! Why now?! I'm so confused?! Stop beating so fast heart!!' Charlotte breathed heavily.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Charlotte got to class she sat at her chemistry table. 'Shoot...I forgot Oliver was my lab partner...' Oliver came in from the door and sat next to Charlotte.

He didn't say a word. They were both silent with each other. It was awkward. "Hey, um Oliver. How's your day?" Charlotte said awkwardly. He didn't say a word. Charlotte realized that Oliver had ear buds in his ears. She took one out of his ear and said, "Hey, Oliver....Why aren't you talking to me? You always say hello to me when you come to class." Charlotte said. "You're Charlotte right? Let go of my ear bud, I'm listening to classical music." Charlotte frowned, 'He really is mad at me...he's pretending to not know me.'

SCREAM!!!

Screams came from the hallway. The whole class except Oliver went outside to check what was happening. 'Was this the kidnapping....no way....it couldn't be...' Charlotte thought. Everyone went back into the classroom like nothing happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Charlotte got home from school she belly flopped on her bed. She groaned. She screamed in her blue fluffy pillow. She let out her frustration, her confusion, and her fear.

Buzzzzzz

Charlotte's phone buzzed in her pocket. "Ugh....who's calling me this time...." Charlotte groaned. She took it out of her pocket and look at the caller ID. Derrick. Charlotte bolted up and sat up straight.

She answered the phone, "Hello?" Derrick said through the phone, "Hey, this is Derrick. Remember I'm picking you up at six. The movie starts at seven. I can't wait." Charlotte said, "Yeah okay. Bye." Charlotte hung up the phone fast. She dropped to her bed again and groaned.

She checked her phone. Its was already five. "Why did u have to miss the bus....I could have been here by four but no, the bus just had to leave me. Ughhh!" Charlotte got up to get dressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Charlotte ran down her stairs. She opened the door. "Hey, are you ready? The movie theater is only a quarter mile away. We can walk there. You look nice." Derrick said polietly. Charlotte was wearing a blue laced dressed and black flats. Charlotte blushed, "Yeah okay, let's go. My mom says I have to be home by ten okay?" Derrick nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

Once they were in front of the movie theater Derrick said, "Follow me, I wanna show you something." Derrick grabbed Charlotte's wrist and dragged her behind the building. "Um...what's going on?" Charlotte asked a little nervous.

Once they were in the back of the building Derrick pinned Charlotte to the wall, "I know what you're going to do! Kegan told me all about it!" Derrick harshly whispered. "What are you talking about!?!" Charlotte whispered nervously. "You're going to kidnap me to give to Kegan and run off so you can be safe and sound!" Derrick whispered angrily gripping her shoulders harder.

"Derrick stop! That hurts...I'm not gonna do that! When did Kegan tell you that?!" Charlotte said in pain. "I thought we were friends?! How could you double cross me?!" Charlotte pushed Derrick off, "Listen to me! I'm not gonna hurt you! Whatever Kegan told you was just a plan to make you not trust me!" Charlotte said.

Derrick smirked, "Well guess what? Instead of you kidnapping me? I'll kidnap you!" Charlotte backed away from Derrick, "Derrick don't do it! He's just tricking you!" Derrick grabbed his wrist and open and closed his hand. Charlotte froze. She knew what that sign meant. But why would he do it now?

Derrick pressure pointed Charlotte and she was out cold.