Basements and Roofs

Charlotte woke up in a dark room. She was tied up in a wooden chair. She realized something. Fear went straight through Charlotte. She realized she didnt know what time it was and her mom was probably waiting for her.

She heard footstep coming from above. She held her breath. She then realized from the footsteps she was in a basement. Then someone put their hand on her mouth. Charlotte squealed and struggled to get up from the chair she was tied in.

"It's okay....it's me...Derrick. Just stay calm, okay." Derrick whispered. Charlotte bit Derrick's hand to make him let go. Derrick yelped. Charlotte whispered back harshly, "How can I stay calm when you just kidnapped?!? My mom is probably worried sick!!"

Derrick shushed Charlotte and said, "It's okay, I texted your mom that you are staying at a friend's house. Remember that sign I showed you? Trust me, okay?"

Charlotte remembered what Derrick did before he pressure pointed her. He grabbed his wrist and opened and closed his hand. The sign of 'follow my lead.' That was a sign they made up when they were little. "Okay....I'll go on along with this." Charlotte said reluctantly.

Derrick pulled down Charlotte's sleeve. "What are you doing??" Charlotte asked nervously. Derrick whispered, "This is going to hurt.... A lot." Charlotte felt a cold metal dig into her shoulder. Charlotte silently screamed. She struggled but Derrick held her firm. She felt her blood ooze out if her shoulder. Pain was the only thing Charlotte felt. Derrick just cut off some skin on her shoulder.

Then she heard a door open. Derrick quickly wiped her wound and put back her sleeve. He then backed away from Charlotte. He did the sign again to assure her.

Someone then turned on the lights. Charlotte then saw clearly where she was. She was in a messy basement with chairs, toolboxes, machines and turned over tables were laying around. What really caught Charlotte's eyes was.....the huge blood stain on the floor right next to her. Charlotte held her breath frightened of what was going to happen next.

Kegan went down the stairs. "Hello my sweeties. I see you brought me a present dear Derrick." He cackled. He sat at one of the rusty chairs. Derrick smirked, "Yeah, it was easy taking down this runt. Now you told me you would give back Violet and not harm me if I exchanged her right? Where's Violet?" Kegan chuckled, "What a straightforward little boy. Well, Jake please come down stairs."

Derrick looked confused, "Jake?" Jake came down the stairs. He had a knife in his hand. He pointed it at Derrick's chest, "Yes, I am Jake." Kegan laughed, "This is fun!" Derrick growled, "You drugged Jake didn't you!?! What did you do?!? You said you wouldn't harm me?!" Kegan chuckled "Yes I did. I didn't say Jake wouldn't hurt you though."

"Now for another friend, Oliver, sweetie. Please come downstairs." Kegan said. Derrick was so confused, "Oliver? The band geek?! What is this?!" Charlotte held her breath, as she heard footsteps go down the stairs.

Oliver came down the stairs. As he saw Charlotte he growled, "Why is she here in my presence?! I said I don't wanna see her again!" Kegan scoffed, "Yes, yes, you will never see her again after you give our guest the anti drug." Oliver rolled his eyes. He grabbed Derrick's face and shoved a pill in his mouth. Derrick started choking and cursed. Oliver rolled his eyes, "What a wuss."

Derrick then stopped choking and gulped. He looked around the room frantically with a confused face. Then he started to calm down. "Hey, I know you....you're my best friend Oliver....right?" Derrick said a little confused. Oliver grunted, "You're so annoying sometimes. Leave me alone you scum." Derrick looked confused and hurt. Then he looked at Kegan in raged, "What did you do to him?! He's different!!! What did you do?!"

Derrick tackled Kegan to the floor, "What did you do, you jerk?!?!" Kegan was enraged. Kegan kicked Derrick off. "Derrick!" Charlotte yelled in concern. Kegan took the knife from Jake and pushed Derrick up a wall.

He kicked Derrick in the gut and knifed Derrick's shirt and the wall together. Derrick groaned in pain. "Stop you're hurting him!!" Charlotte yelled.

Kegan chuckled. He went up to Charlotte and grabbed her chin. He dug his nail into her chin, "I'm going to do more than just hurt him. I will torture you both until you've gone mad!! Hahahahahha." Kegan laughed like a maniac. "You're crazy!!" Charlotte yelled in terror. "I will start the torture by killing your little classmate, then Violet, then your families!!!"

Charlotte was filled with terror. She shook in fear. Kegan snapped his fingers and said, "Jake, get the body." Jake went upstairs.

He came back with a blackbag that was moving! He unzipped it in front of Charlotte. Inside was a girl with red hair that was braided in two. The other braid was cut short. Her green eyes had fear and tears. There were scratches and blood all over her body. Her mouth was duct taped and she was tied up in rope. Derrick said in terror, "Madison?"

Kegan laughed hysterically. Then, Derrick ripped his shirt and ran at Kegan with the knife. He stabbed Kegan straight in the leg. "Agh!!" Kegan yelled in pain. Derrick cut Charlotte's bonds.

Then Jake tackled Derrick to the floor and started punching him hard. Charlotte grabbed a wrench from a box, "I'm sorry Jake..." She then slammed the wrench into Jake's knockers.

Charlotte helped Derrick up and grabbed his wrist to run. They ran straight up the stairs.

Once they were up they ran for the front door. Then they heard someone in the living room. They froze as they heard the sound.

"Aw heck nah." Oliver said rolling his eyes looking at the two. Derrick put his hands up, "Buddy, everything is going to be okay..." Oliver put three pills in his mouth and rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Get back in your cage you freaks." Charlotte gripped Derrick's hand nervously. Derrick firmly held her's too. Oliver glared at their hand holding.

Oliver growled, "It's either you go back....or you go back with an injury..." Charlotte and Derrick looked at each other. Charlotte grabbed her wrist and open and closed her hand.

She grabbed Derrick's hand and ran upstairs. Oliver growled and ran up to catch them.

Charlotte the opened a window and got up to the roof. Derrick followed her as fast as he could. They then hid on the roof.

"BOO!"

Charlotte and Derrick screamed. Oliver found them. Oliver then pressure pointed Derrick and kicked him in the gut. Derrick went unconsious. Charlotte started hyperventilating. She backed away from Oliver frightened. She had nowhere to go. It was a fifteen foot drop.

"Oliver...please...no." Charlotte said on terror. Oliver had an emotionless face, "Sorry sister, but I'm not your nice big brother am I now?" Charlotte had tears in her eyes, "Why do you have to do this? Because you're mad at me? Because I can't accept your feelings? Cause your being controlled?!"

Then Charlotte slipped straight off the roof.