Old Friends

A/N: The same outfit

Last Time:
Once we got behind Layla I stepped forward and said,
"Layla?"

Layla's POV:

I heard a very familiar voice call my name from behind me. I turned around and I couldn't believe who I saw. It was my best friend from my old town! "Chase!" I ran up to him and gave him a hug and he spinned me around. "I can't believe that it is really you! We haven't seen each other since what? Eight years?" I asked him after he set me down. He nodded. Then I noticed the people behind him giving us strange looks. "I am pretty sure that your friends want to know what is going on." I told Chase nodding my head towards the group of kids behind Chase. He looked at them then face palmed. 'I guess he forgot that they were there. What am I saying? Of course he forgot that they were there! He's Chase!' I thought to myself.

Chase pulled me over to them then said, "Guys, this is my old friend Layla. We were best friends in my old town before I moved. Layla, this is Tyler, Riley, Shelby, and Koda." pointing to them as he said their names. I waved my hand and said, "Hi! It is so nice to meet you guys!" They all nodded as to agree to me. "Hey, I know that we just met and everything but do any of you guys know about that weird thing that attacked me? He was trying to get this." I said pulling out the little aqua glowing stick-thing that I found. They all looked at each other and then me. "I promise that we will explain everything once we get back to the base." Chase said taking my hand and running with everyone else following close behind us.

"Wait, what base and what is there to explain?" I asked as I was trying to stay with Chase and his fast running. "Still asking a bunch of questions I see, mate." Chase said smirking. I glared at him and kept trying to keep up. Once we stopped, I looked up and saw a dinosaur museum. 'A dinosaur museum?' I thought to myself. We all walked towards the back where storage was and Tyler, Shelby, Riley, and Koda went to a dinosaur mouth and bended a tooth back which opened a secret door. They all went in while I just stared in awe. Chase just looked at my then chuckled. "You coming of what?" He asked me smirking. I rolled my eyes. "Where exactly are me going?" I asked about to go in before Chase. "Like I said, you ask too many questions." Chase said having a evil grin. He put his hands on my back.

"What are y-" I never got to finish my sentence because Chase pushed me in the door. I screamed a little going down. When I got down, I was in awe. It was like an underground cave and it was pretty cool. "It's cool right?" Chase asked coming up behind me. I hit him in the arm. "Ow! What was that for?" He asked. "For pushing me down the tunnel! You could have at least gave me a warning!" I said. He rolled his eyes and gave me a hand signal that we made up when we where kids that said 'Whatever' and he walked away. I rolled my eyes. "Idiot." I muttered under my breath.

I went to a wall where the jewels like things that was the same as mine were. They were all different colors. I went to a wall that was empty where some should be and took mine out. I put it in the palm of my hand and it went straight into the little space. "Cool." I whispered to myself. "So, you are the girl that found the aqua energem?" A voice said. I turned around to see a lizard like thing with a staff. "Yeah, I'm Layla." I said. He nodded. "I know who you are. I am Keeper. Welcome to the Power Rangers." He said. I blinked. "Wait........what?" I asked. "Yeah, you are apart of the Power Rangers now. I am Kendall or Ms. Morgan and I help keeper with the energems." Kendall said.

I was still confused. "This is all so confusing." I said. "I'll explain it to her, she is slow." Chase said coming up. I hit him in the arm again. "Ow! You got to stop doing that!" He said grabbing his arm. "And you need to stop being annoying. Now can you please explain?" I asked. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Okay so a long, long, long, long time ago.........."

(✴Time-Skip to after the long explanation✴)

I nodded taking in all of the information. "So mostly, while dinosaurs where still alive. Keeper gave them the energems and then the explosion made all of the energems disappear until now where we all found them. And Sledge is trying to find them and take over the world and there are still some missing?" I said. "Yeah, I guess I could have put it that way." Chase said and everybody face palmed. 'Still as dumb as ever' I thought to myself. "So Layla. Will you take the roll of the aqua ranger to protect the world from Sledge?" Keeper asked me. I nodded. "I would love to!" I said.