Chapter 12: If I Die, I'm Gonna Kill You

UNEDITED

Lucy's p.o.v

Phil will pay for what he did. I will make sure of it. Now dare he call me a stupid, selfish bitch! I could kill him within seconds. All it took was one claw slitting his throat or another grasping his neck until he stopped breathing.

Phil better watch his back at the ball because I will be waiting and I am bringing an old friend along for the ride.

Alex's p.o.v

Nervous was an understatement. I was petrified. Phil had managed to find a white shirt with a deep v-line accompanied with a black suit. My trousers were rolled up at the bottom because "it's in fashion", however I was able to argue my way out of having to wear a tie. They just strangle me.

We were outside these double doors, which apparently led to a huge staircase in the ballroom. Then Damon gave us clear instructions to go and stand in a corner, meanwhile looking professional and sophisticated. Phil just told me to not let my fear get the better of me and smile. Act like this was a normal party with our year group and we were the VIP guests or something like that.

Snakes slithered around in my unsettled stomach. My hands were clammy and I could feel my cheeks glow. "Do I look nervous?" I asked, wanting his honest opinion.

"Yes, but it's only natural to be nervous. You aren't used to big crowds or being the centre of attention," He said, sorting out my quiff. I breathed in and out, counting to ten. This is what I had to do when I went to anger management and it had always helped me to calm down since.

"How do I look?" Phil asked, brushing down his trousers. He had purposely put holes in his black trousers to make them look identical. His sleeves were ripped as well as rolled up. He had made his fringe go to the right rather than the left. Phil said "it looked better". Overall, he looked like he did at school..and handsome.

"You look like your ready for a red carpet appearance," I joked, he smirked. "Phil, if I die out there...I'm gonna kill you!" I laughed, making us both have a laughing fit. We held our sides, while still sniggering.

"If you do then I would never forgive myself." He said in a sad tone. Ignoring him, I changed the subject.

"We'll be fine if we stick together. Best Bros Forever!"

"Best Bros Forever!" We chanted. We fist bumped each other before we heard the consistent chatter die down. The music faded into the background as Damon tapped on the microphone.

I thought I was going to be sick. Hopefully not. I felt sick to my stomach. It's just nerves.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, fellow demons-we are here to celebrate a new era. My son Alex, has been found and brought here today as the new heir to our fearsome world. Now please put your hands together for...Prince Alex and his friend Phil!"

The crowd applauded as the doors opened. My heart was pounding away in my chest. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide. But my days of doing that were over, for I was Prince Alex and nothing could stop me now.

Phil's p.o.v

I squeezed Alex's hand in reassurance before we descended down the staircase, leading to the dance floor. Long red silks draped down the crimson pillars. There was a indoor terrace surrounding the outskirts of the room with two smaller staircases leading to ground level. In the right hand corner, there stood a classical band with violins, pianos and acoustic guitars.

There were demons of all variations: some had horns like Damon, others had fangs and claws like Lucy, different ones had tails, tentacles and extra limbs or eyes. It was very bizarre. I felt out of place in here in a strange way. As appearances go me and Alex looked 'normal' compared to them.