Charter 6: The Great Escape part 2

Alex's p.o.v

I was sat against the wall; mind-numbingly bored. My mouth was dry. Everything was becoming harder to do. My stomach ached as my mind drifted to food. Even brussel sprouts covered in chocolate sounded nice about now. I would kill for a glass of blood wine right now. I groaned.

Why did I have to love food so much? Food is love. Food is life. What?! Nothing.

Now I was hallucinating. I put my head in my hands. Then I remembered it was the idiotic demon in my brain. By the sounds of it he was going crazy as well. I may or may not need help.

My lips were chapped and sore. But my tongue was too dry to moisten them. Why can you not just make it stop? I'm a voice inside your head, not a miracle worker pal! I sighed. Why me? I was too beautiful to die...okay scratch that last part.

The walls were becoming closer and closer together. Every time I looked up the room seemed to be getting smaller. I was claustrophobic. The door was locked and there was no other way out. No windows. No loose floorboards leading into a secret passage. No loose bricks leading into a secret room. NO NOTHING!

You need to calm down. Panicking will only make us go even more insane. I think personally I had already gone past the point of being insane and telling someone to calm down only made them want to calm down less! Well I'm sorry. I was only trying to help. He moved to the back of my head and sulked. I tried to reach him, but he ignored me.

Without warning, a clanking sound came from the other side of the wall. I pressed my ear against the cold bricks. It sounded like metal colliding with stone. I frowned. What would be causing that noise?

Clank. Clank. Clank.

Suddenly, a large steel hammer broke through the wall. My head a mere inch away from the tool. I gulped.

Dust hovered around the hole. Coughing, I crouched down low. Someone was trying to break in or get me out. Please may it be getting me out. Do not get your hopes up too much. Shut up! I can dream. Suit yourself. But it is probably another demon trying to eat you.

Debris flew in different directions as my saviour, or attacker, began to make the hole in the wall bigger. I sat in silence, waiting to see who the hell was breaking the law because I was sure that was someone's property. Who cares? It was their fault for messing with us.

What do you mean by us? We are attached Einstein. Oh right. Well, you could have told me that. YOU BLOCKED ME OUT! Oh yeah...guess I forgot about that. I felt him resume his position in the back of my mind. He probably looked so done with me right now.

I heard coughing from the other side of the wall. Bricks lay on the concrete floor, while dust invaded my lungs. I coughed to try and clear my lungs. That was when I saw someone emerge from the hole. Their hair and face was corpse white from the dust. They held the hammer in their right hand. I flinched when they stepped forward. Please may they not be some serial killer or mad murder. Keep praying. God cannot hear you from down here.

They shook their head. It looked like they were head banging at a rock concert. Next thing I knew, I had been tackled with a bear hug. Shocked at the sudden show of affection, I awkwardly sat there stunned. Was some random person hugging me? Then I noticed the blonde hair with the jet black highlights.

Phil.

Immediately, I hugged him back giving him the biggest bear hug ever. He pulled away and held me at arm's length, examining me for injuries.