Chapter 7: Prince Carter?

Picture of Damon Bloodsworth
===
EDITED

Alex's p.o.v

We were sat in (what I think was) his study. Mountains upon mountains of books were piled up in bookcases that covered the entire walls. He seemed to have every book ever made. I spotted fantasy, teen fiction, sci-fi, even romance, and many more.

We were sat around a circular table. A lonely guard was stood in the doorway. It was just me and him...and of course Phil. He was slouched in an arm chair in the corner reading a book. It was probably from the science fiction section.

Silence grasped the air. Neither me nor him spoke. What was there to say? Hi uncle,  I am flattered but I am too young to rule Hell and surely you would want someone more qualified and less...well me.

He was as emotionless as ever.

His tongue kept flicking in and out, tasting the air. It creeped me out big time when he did that. Why could he not just keep it inside his mouth? Was that too much to ask?

He raised his chin up and stared down at me. I mimicked him. He narrowed his eyes. I narrowed my eyes. Damon slammed his clenched fist down on the table. I placed my hand on my chest. My heart was pounding away. I wanted to have not flinched to prove that I was not the weak, pathetic human everyone thought I was, although the world was still against me.

He smirked. I wanted to punch his smug face until I heard a snap and there was blood everywhere. He would cry out in agony as I brought my knee to his skull. The loud crunch would have echoed throughout the room when I banged his head against the table repeatedly. He would be begging for me to stop, but I would show him no mercy.

"Alex, you are my nephew. But if anyone asks you, you are my son. Don't talk just let me finish first." I closed my mouth. He resumed. "I need an heir and you are the closest thing I've got. I know it's a lot to ask of you, but you don't have a choice really. Either you do it willingly or by force." He threatened. Do not have a choice. Who says! The King you idiot. Oh shut up! I have had enough of you for a lifetime.

"Will you co-operate or not?" He asked staring me down. No. Why should I? What's in it for me anyway? Your life. He could kill you easily if he wanted to. I would like to see him try. Don't get too cocky or we'll both be dead in two seconds flat. You can't win some battles Alex. The sooner you realise that the better.

I snorted. I'll show you.

"No." I replied and folded my arms and leaned back in my chair.

"No." He repeated.

"Yes, I said no!" I half-shouted. Was he deaf?

His nostrils flared slightly. I wanted to blend in with the chair. He stood up and towered over me. I shrunk in the chair. Why do I have to be so small compared to him? His tongue started flickering again. He tilted his head down so his horns were only centimetres away from my face. I flinched.

"I'm going to ask you again. Are you going to co-operate or not?" His horns were aimed at my throat. My eyes widened as I kept opening and closing my mouth like a fish.

"Yes." I squeaked. He stepped back and sat down. I sat up and relaxed. So you do have a brain after all? At least people can see me. Shut up! He went to his sulking corner and began muttering. Stupid bloody boy. I heard that! You were supposed to simpleton!

Why did I have to have the stubborn, irritating and frankly unhelpful inner demon, while Phil had the nicest one in history?

Life sucked.