Lumyryn looked at the man suspiciously.

"You have nothing to fear, my friend," Rodr said, "your people and my people are quite alike."

Lumyryn hesitated for just another moment before letting out a breath and following the stranger.

His friends back in the home called out to him, worried of his safety but Lumyryn held his hand up, silencing them but also telling them to calm down.

"Your name has become quite famous within your nation, do you know?" Rodr said as they walked through the woods.

"No, I don't."

"It has gotten the attention of your King. Not good attention, unfortunately."

Lumyryn looked at the Destynian.

The smile on the Destynians face faded, "your King is spreading the belief that once you unite all the people who are like you, you are planning a war."

Lumyryn snorted, "that's ridiculous. We have no such plan. We are just trying to find a place where we can be safe."

"We know that," Rodr said, "my people know that, as does our King. Which is why he sent me, along with some of our soldiers to help you."

"Help me?"

Rodr stopped walking once they reached the edge of the forest, where the trees stopped growing and instead the ground was covered in yellow grass that went on for miles. "Ever since our King heard of you and what you were doing, we had already started to help you."

Lumyryn looked at the Destynian with narrowed, yet shocked, eyes.

"Our country already had a number of red-eyes who were seeking refuge. And on top of that, many of our soldiers have marched through the country, retrieving any red-eyes that desire aid," as he spoke, he pointed out at the distance.

Lumyryn looked towards the direction he was pointing and after a moment, his throat went dry.

Far off in the distance was a large mass of people... maybe a hundred or two hundred... walking towards the east, guarded by a few Destynian soldiers on horses.

"What..."

"There are two hundred and forty-four people there. All of whom are red-eyes or the loving families of the red-eyes."

Lumyryn looked at Rodr, "and what do you want me to do?"

"Guide them to the East–"

"You want me to guide two hundred people?" Lumyryn had only ever imagined there to be about fifty.

"You will have the aid of our soldiers."

That didn't seem to calm Lumyryn down, "and to where? My comrades and I have been roaming the country for months with nowhere to go–"

"And that, my friend, is nothing for you to worry about," Rodr smiled, "continue on to the East, young one. There, you will meet with more Destynians just outside the border of Raffyre."

"And then what?"

"And then that land is yours."

Lumyryn scoffed.

"It was previously land that belonged to our ancestors, however it was abandoned because the hot weather that comes around every year or so is not suited for our people," Rodr smiled widely, "we prefer the north where it remains cool for most of the year, and becomes the coldest in Winter."

The Hiddenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें