Chapter 25~Distress

Start from the beginning

I grimaced even further knowing she was right.

"There is so much more to being who you are now."

I watched as Nina appeared out walking down to me. I let her slide her fingers through mines, linking us together as she leaned foreword, kssing my lips. "It's getting late," Nina told me.

I agreed.

Elena scowled. "This is pathetic."

"Excuse me," I questioned.

"Your...girlfriend--" Elena stopped her own words from finishing. "I need you to understand--"

"Mckayla gets it. We both get it," Nina disrupted.

"Elena...Mckayla can talk to you about this tomorrow night," Nina said.

"You need to feed," Elena stated.

"I'm fine," I said not sounding to sure of myself. The moment I said that I could feel my gums ache.

"You want to bet your girlfriends neck on that?"

Hearing her words my eyes snapped back to hers and then Nina's. The idea of harming Nina stung something hollow inside me. "I would never harm my mate." I noticed she diminishing my level of status in Nina being my mate.

"Not officially...from what I hear." Elena's words surprised me. She didn't seem like a woman who belittles someone elses relationship of any sort. Even Rosalie arched a brow at her. "Come with me," she ordered.

I looked to Nina and then Elena as if I was making a life changing choice. I knew the right choice, it was just not the choice Nina wanted to see. "I have to go."

"I could let you feed from me...or whatever you needed." I watched closely as Nina said that and I knew she would. She loved me to do that for me but I couldn't. Elena was right. Every time I fed on an animal, back when I was camping with Kaylee and Laurie I had drank them dryright before shifting and devouring them savagely. I could not conrtol myself enough to stop. Elena was the only one I could drink from and not worry about harming.

"I am not strong enough to stop..."

Nina was about to argue but only nodded.

I watched as Nina eyes soften to the realization of something. "You have to maintain a balance. Learn every side of who you are. I'm sorry I'm making it hard for you."

I smiled. "You're just being the woman I love." I leaned into her brushing a kiss over her lips.

I finally turned ready to follow Elena off.

For the longest time...Elena didn't speak. We walked toward the home my pack was previously in. She looked utterly pissed off in me leaving without telling her. Did I really upset her?

"No...you scared me."

I paused, standing to a halt. "I can hear you, remember?" She pointed to her temple. "I assume when you were in wolf form...that is the only time I could not pick up where you were and at the time...I didn't know that would happen."

By the look in her eyes I really did scare her.

"I get that you feel a need to have responsibility over me..."

"You think I do this out of obligation." Elena halted her movement forcing me to stop and face her. I had never taken the time to notice Elena before. Her eyes were a natural caramel hazel, with dark brunette hair that fell to her shoulders. Long lashes hovered over her eyes watching me as her thin lips quirked.