5

Avi's POV

Blunt-crack! I heard my bones crack with the impact of the car I didn't see coming. The car had hit my right side which made me fly to my left. I slid across the asphalt. I felt a searing pain in my side and the force of the fall deep within my ribs. My ankle didn't feel right, just, numb. All of this pain. All of my blood spilling onto the road. The broken bones. All of it combined, doubled, tripled even, came nowhere close to the pain I felt deep within my heart. Deep within my soul. The man I love with all of my heart, staring at me like I was stupid. He was right. I was stupid to ever think that he would love me.

Even through the ringing in my ears, I couldn't miss that beautiful voice yell my name. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I felt gentle hands roll me to my back and lay my head in their lap. He was crying. He was rambling. I couldn't understand him but, there was no way I missed those three beautiful words come out of that beautiful mouth.

I love you.

He said it. I was finally content with my life. I let the pain take over. I knew I was going to black out no matter what. If my body decides to keep living, that's it's choice. I didn't care if I died right then and there, he said he loved me. I could die peacefully. I felt my body shutting down comepletely. I wanted to let go right then but, something deep within me wanted to stay. My body agreed when the EMTs tried to restart my now happy heart. Everything was pitch black and I was in so much pain but, my heart was happy. Whatever happens next, I just hope he remembers how much I love him.

(Avi is now out of the E.R. and in an ICU room. Esther and the band minus Scott, are filling out paperwork and trying to comfort each other. Mitch and Kevin are trying to find out what room Scott is in.)

"Avi?" Scott's voice rang out through every corner of Avi's sub conscious mind. "Stay. Please? I need you. I know that you think that it's easier to let go then deal with the pain I've caused you and I am so deeply sorry for that. I wish I could've found the words to express my pure joy. I was so shocked and excited when you told me you loved me. I am so sorry that the only time you needed me to say something, I couldn't find the words. You left Scott Hoying speechless. Not very many people can do that. After they took you into the E.R. and I couldn't see you anymore, I blacked out from shock, panic and worry. That's why I'm in your head right now. I'm passed out in some hospital room and you're in a coma. I hope I wake up before you do so I can be there when you wake up. Esther filled out your paperwork and helped Mitch with the insurance part of mine. They are all crying with each other. I know I will wake up but, not until I make sure you understand that if you leave now, what you will be leaving behind. You have so much to live for. Your family, the band, the crazy Pentaholics that stay up until ungodly hours of the night, rewatching all of our videos and writing full length stories about us. You have me. You can ask Mitch if you don't believe me when I say I've liked you since the beginning. You had me hooked with, "Hi, I'm Avi." You enchanced me with that voice that makes me melt. I honestly cried myself to sleep, on multiple occasions, because I couldn't have you. Four years of pushing my feelings down and you come out and flip my world upside down, in an amazing way. I love you Avi. I want to grow old with you. Do you understand that it would crush me if you left me here all by myself, knowing it was all my fault? I really do love you, more than I can even begin to say. I could show you but, you have to give me that chance. Please? I'm going to wake up soon and then it will be all you from there. I don't know if I'll remember this but, I know that I love you so much Avi. Please stay? For me? I'll buy you four pounds of ribs? Seriously though, think about it okay? I have to wake up now Avi. I love you. I'll be waiting. Always.