Prologue: Amelia

The  snow crunches beneath my feet the scent of blood and other smells overwhelming my senses. The pines. Leaves, and sticks scratching me as I barrel my way through them.

But none of that matters now, I need to keep focus on running.

On surviving.

The trees finally clear out and I find myself in a wide open space, the white snow covering every inch of the ground. The moonlight giving the scenery an eerie glow.

Only two words come to mind.

Not. Good.

And I am right in moments I am surrounded by the men chasing me. Their ringleader, Van, or I so affectionately call him scat for brains. Approaches me.

"Well, well, my cute little puppy has nowhere to run." He smirks. "It's time for her to return to her master."

I growl at him, and bear my teeth, as he tries to touch me. "Go to hell."

He chuckles. "So the dog is going to disobey her master, I should teach her some manors." Van begins to walk away and then in a flash he's hit me across the face and I am in the cold snow.

I spit into the snow and it becomes stained with red, there is a metallic taste in my mouth.

"I don't want to hurt you... But you give me no choice... You must learn your manners." He says to me, holding my face in between his fingers.

I spit in his face.

And then he kicks me in my stomach. Sending me skidding across the snow, gasping for air. But he doesn't stop there he keeps coming at me, until everything around me begins to blur.

He pulls me up by my hair.

"I don't like doing this to my prized piece, why do you make me do this?" He comes down to face level with me. "All you have to do is submit to me..." He says looking me over. "I can make you happy, the richest and most powerful woman, all you do is have to be by my side."

I laugh. "Oh, yeah. Definitely great, becoming your own personal brainless lap dog." I smile. "What could be better? Thanks but no thanks I'm not becoming one of your whores." I tell him.

He glares. "You will submit to me."

"I doubt it." I hiss at him.

"Men, teach her."

He throws me to the ground leaving me in the circle of men as they close tighter around me.

I stammer to my feet, I wince and clutch my side.

I think he might've broken a rib... And now I have to fight these punks...

One of the men approaches me. "Not so tough are you, Alpha?"

I growl at him.

"Come on men this will be easy pickings." He says drawing closer.

Looks like I have no other option than to fight...

I feel my nails beginning to elongate, using what energy I have left.

And then just as I'm about to be attacked someone else jumps in, coming in like a blur and proceeding to take most of the men out. The person stops in front of me.

This scent!

I stare at the person in front of me, it couldn't be.

"You know the next time you're in trouble you should call for help, Amelia." He says.

Erik.

I feel my nails fall back to their normal shape and size. The last of my power fading away.

Erik turns his attention to Van. "As I see it, it looks like you've been harassing this poor lady. But since I'm so kind I'll let you go with a warning. Leave, I don't want to see you after this woman again."

Van scoffs. "I'm sorry I can't do that, she is mine. What gives you the jurisdiction to request such a thing anyways?"

I hear a low deep growl come from him. "Is this proof enough for you?"

Van's eyes widen. "He is a Wolfe-Ritter, damn. Men pull back."

"But sir, the girl."

"I said pull back. We'll get the girl another time."

They do just that and leave, allowing me to release some of my tension.

"Amelia-" starts Erik, beginning to turn to me.

But the rest is lost as I fall to my knees and then onto the ground. The cold finally starting to reach me and I just remembered that the blood smell is mostly coming from me. My last sight is of Erik coming towards me.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey, guys new story! Tell me what you think, down below!

-flowereader230