Chapter 27: Water Adventures

Kajiwara isn't sure how  to deal with her apprehension at the moment. Here she is waiting by the bus station for Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. For repetition and clarifications, she's just really waiting for Tsukishima. She honestly forgot about Yamaguchi for now because he's got Kikyou-chan, dammit. 

Clutching her hand bag between her arm and rib, she taps her foot on the ground impatiently, fixing her hair every now and then. She swore she didn't mean to dress up today. It's just a pool outing with the gang after all! No need to make a fuss about today's outfit. Though she had to admit she want to look good. 

"I'm pretty sure he won't even notice!" She told herself stubbornly, blushing as she realized she was thinking of her Tsukkin again. 

She knocked on her forehead as self-punishment. "Shinobu, idiot! Why would you think it matters if he didn't?! He won't even look at you at the very most!" Kajiwara was practically vexing herself. Arguments and debates flying here and there, making her look crazy at the public's eye. 

A bunch of people had passed by her couple of times, wearing those rattled looks, whenever they set eyes on the teenage girl talking to herself; or rather, she was getting angry at herself for being so overanxious. 

Minutes later, her two best friends arrived without her noticing, and she continued to squabble to herself. The two lads stood there unsure on what to do. They've caught Shinobu like this a couple of times during their childhood, and sure in middle school she did it whenever she thought she was alone in her room, and they were peeking from her door. 

But she was now in high school and they couldn't believe she hasn't lost that habit of hers yet. It's making her look like a lunatic. 

Yamaguchi sweat dropped at her and let Tsukishima handle it. The taller middle blocker flicked the girl's forehead, stopping her motions or whatever incoherent words spluttered out of her mouth. She finally stopped mumbling and looked up at the two giants. Well she was a tall girl herself, having long slender legs as her height advantage. 

"Tsu-Tsukki! Tadashin! You're here!" Kajiwara jumped on her spot, acknowledging the two's presence. 

"Yeah. Sorry to keep you waiting, Shinobu," The Cute-Tall-Boy Debate winner smiles at the girl charmingly and asked how since she arrived. 

She assured them that they didn't take long and that she was early herself, not even answering the question asked by her friend. Tsukishima shakes his head. 

"Let's just go before her stupidity worsens," the blonde suggests, turning his back at them and prompt for them to get going at the meeting place, in between the mall. 

Sugimoto was the one who gave in the details to group, gathering them for meeting after school the other day. Being the one to go over the details of their outing. Of course the florist offered some help with it. They complied to go around ten o'clock and have lunch at the public pool.

Minami, who went there with her sisters once, informed them about the nasty servings of food there; noting that only the yakisoba there tastes good.

Ishinomori then proposed that she'll be in charge of bringing everyone's lunch, volunteering to cook for them. Also because she wants to impress Yamaguchi with her culinary skills. She remembered the advice her brother once said: "The best way to get to a man's heart is through his stomach!" which he probably stole from someone who said it before he did.

"Oh, Shinobu-chin!" Hisano caught sight of her best friend and wave over to them.

"Hisano-chan! Ah, Kageyama-kun's here too. Did we make you wait?" Kajiwara greeted her two, fellow Karasuno students.