Chapter 4: A date?

Hinata was blooming that morning. It was a Saturday and for a weekend, he got up early and dressed up. Natsu wondered where his brother was off to, and only watched him pedal his bike out in the streets, with a big paper bag.

He went to straight to a flower shop where his classmate was working part time. “Kajiwara-san!” he greeted the girl in a bubbly way which the girl mirrored.

“Oh, Hinata-kun. Good morning! What made you go here this early?” she asks, the two of them returning each other’s flowery aura.

“Well, you see…” the ginger pushed his two index fingers shyly. “I’ve got a date…”

“Date? Oh, is that why you asked me about that yesterday? Congratulations, Hinata-kun” Kajiwara congratulated her classmate. Hinata swayed back and forth, sheepishly smiling at her, his hand making its way to the back of his head. “Hehe, thanks a lot, Kajiwara-san”

“So that’s why you came here this early? You’re going to buy flowers for you, aren’t you?” the blonde said ahead of him. “Don’t worry Hinata-kun! I’ll personally arrange a bouquet for you! You can count on me!”

“Really? Thanks a lot! But give me a discount on that okay?” Hinata snickered.

“Of course!” they laughed together. Kajiwara prepared a special arranged bouquet with various of flowers put in it. She handed it over to Hinata, not accepting his money, but made him promise he’ll tell the full details as payment. “Alright! Thanks a lot, Kajiwara-san! I’ll see you later!”

“Sure! Tell me if she liked them!”

Hinata proceeded to their destined meeting place. When he arrived, he saw Shimazaki patiently waiting at the bench in a cute floral dress paired with pink 2-inch heeled sandals. Of course, he found her cute – she is his crush after all. He was gaping at her for a moment, if only she didn’t call his attention, then he wouldn’t snap out of it at all.

“Mouu! You’re late! I was standing there alone for 10 minutes! Come in time will you?” complained Minami with a tint of pink on her cheeks. She noticed him still at awe. “S-Stop staring, will you? It’s embarrassing…”

“S-Sorry! U-Um here… these are for you” he gave him the bouquet he bought at Kajiwara’s flower shop.

“Y-You didn’t have to! A-And thanks…” the girl accepted it from him, obviously shy. Why wouldn’t she? This was her first date ever, and she has no idea what to do. Minami was staring down at a ground and forced herself to look up at Hinata only to see his eyes still glued on her. ‘He’s really staring…’

“Wow Minami-chan… I didn’t know you can dress this girly… ow!”

Shimazaki hit him at the head after he said that. “W-What does that mean?!” she questioned, offended.

Hinata rubbed his head. “Well, you’re so sporty so I thought you were the boyish type and don’t like cute things at all…” he admitted only to get hit at head again.

“That’s so stereotypical! Not all varsities are boyish you know! I feel offended for me and my teammates!” she stated, turning her back at him. “I hate you!” with that, she started to walk ahead, leaving Hinata.

“Eh? Minami-chan wait! I’m sorry!” the ginger ran after her, apologizing. “I didn’t mean to offend you! You’re cute in that dress okay? You’re super cute! Even if you don’t wear that dress! Whatever you wear, you’re still cute!” he shouted in a loud voice that was heard by everyone standing nearby.

Shimazaki looked around and shut her eyes for it was so ignominious. “I-I get it already you baka! Now shut up! Everyone’s looking!” she whispered, grabbing Hinata by the wrist and sprint away from there.  She dragged him inside the mall before setting him free and cross her arms in front of her B-cup chest. “Hmph!” she pouted.