Chapter 26: Girls' Get-Together

Shimazaki arrived at school at the same time Tsukishima did. The soccer player took notice when he walk pass her, and she couldn't avoid but think that he's somehow handsome. His height was another factor too, and with his cool look and appeal, there was no doubt that any girl can fall for him. But once they discover how foul his personality is, they may have second thoughts.

He was with Yamaguchi which the girl didn't even notice. She was too focused on Tsukishima wondering why he wasn't the one Ishinomori like.

Shrugging, she minded her own business and went ahead inside, and was confused when she didn't saw the two best friends ahead of her. Taking a few steps back, she saw the two middle blockers talking to two familiar girls that worked in a flower shop she usually passed by.

Hiding behind the wall, and only one eye peeking out from it, she observe the four's conversation as they went on and noticed something odd about the blonde girl's actions.

Shinobu kept glancing back and forth in between Kikyou and Kei as they conversed, with her Tadashin as a third wheel, well in her eyes at least.

"Oh, playing with a lot of people must be so much fun," the black haired girl mused, pleased that two of her friends had fun during the weekend. She sent that gentle smile that seemed to sparkle when you look at it from Yamaguchi's point of view. You can see the freckled boy gaping in awe. He was totally whipped of his crush.

Tsukishima avoided eye contact with her which Kajiwara took as an embarrassed gesture towards his female classmate.

'D-Does Tsukkin like her back?!' Idiotically, Kajiwara still had the idea of Kikyou and Kei's mutual crushing. She was so fixated with the mistaken assumption Hinata made, that she didn't even recall all those intimate moments she shared with Tsukishima. And those were way more evidential that they were dating rather than Ishinomori being with Tsukishima.

Shinobu was smart, but that doesn't prevent her from being dumb at time; especially when a certain middle blocker is involved.

The four proceeded upstairs as Yamaguchi brought up the topic of the girls' plans in going to the pool this summer break. Ishinomori informed them about going this weekend, and took the chance to ask them if they're free.

"Well we have a day off this Sunday," Tadashi mentioned and that was enough to replace Kikyou's eerie atmosphere into unicorns and rainbows.

"Eh? Then Yamaguchi-kun and the others can join us this weekend!" she squealed, too happy.

Tsukishima exhaled sharply. 'She's too obvious...' he commented, eyeing her with furrowed eyebrows as she gushes all over her crush.

Kajiwara took this as an action of jealousy. 'D-Doesn't he like them talking?!' she exclaimed mentally. The boy caught her staring and raised an eyebrow. "What're you looking at?" with that question, Shinobu flinched and waving her arms in different directions, trying to come up with an excuse.

Tsukishima sighed and considered this as one of those foolish moments.

Meanwhile, two class 3 students, namely as per their nicknames: Sugi-san and Kage were walking to their classroom when the girl mentioned that summer trip of them. Kageyama was happy that she invited him, and immediately informed her about his free day on Sunday, meaning he is able to join them.

Hisano also said he can bring his friend, Hinata, and his girlfriend along; she noticed how the freshmen of the volleyball club were pretty close. (She goes to the gym a lot since she and her Kage walk home together after club and she always finishes first)

Kageyama nods his head vigorously but was focused on the charming smile Sugimoto presented him.

'S-She's so cute!!'