Chapter 20: Out with Sugi-san

"Ne, Shinobu-chin... have you visited the pool lately?" Sugimoto shot another question as she relaxes by the counter while Kajiwara was busy spraying water onto the plants she had there. "Shinobu-chin..." whined the ignored brunette, reaching her arms to her friend, asking for the blonde girl's attention.

"Hisano-chan. I already told you I've got no time to go out. I'm busy here at the flower shop." Kajiwara stated, putting down one of the pots she had placed on the counter to avoid getting knocked down by a customer. Sugimoto only threw a tantrum, pouting on how she doesn't hang-out with her anymore, and she'd rather choose working than to be with her. 

Shinobu sighed. "I'd really love to go with you, really. But time's just too hectic for me, plus I have to visit my grandfather today. I'm sorry, Hisano-chan."

"Tch, fine but don't go complaining to me if I find myself a new best friend!" Sugimoto snapped, stomping her way out of Kajiwara's flower shop, passing by Ishinomori who was about to enter. The raven haired girl flinched as Hisano pushed the glass doors forcibly, almost hitting her. She wasn't easy to notice.

"U-Um... Kajiwara-chan..." Kikyou mumbled, approaching the counter where the girl was at.

"Ah, Shino-chan, you're here. Thank you for coming on such short notice!" Kajiwara thanked her, bowing gratefully. The shy girl waved her hands affirming her it was okay and she didn't have to do something today. "Still, I didn't want to bother you." The florist smiles shyly as she raises her head.

"I've also asked someone to help you up while I'm out. Don't worry; I'll come back as soon as possible!"

"It's okay. Take your time."

Shinobu gave her another bow and grabbed her purse to get going. Her grandfather doesn't like it when she's late during her visits to him. She usually meets up with Tsukishima so they could go to the home for the elderly together, but with her current situation, she asked her best friend to go on ahead, not expecting him to be waiting at the end of the street.

"T-Tsukkin?" her eyes widen in shock.

"Took you long enough." Said the tall lad, coolly, before grabbing her wrist and haul her to walk faster as they were late for the schedule time in visiting their grandfathers.

In the meantime, Sugimoto sulked on a bench in town, checking over her contacts to see if there was anyone she could ask to go out with her. The only numbers she had was her father's, brothers', Kajiwara's, her adviser, her club president's and other few ones. Even though she has made a few friends, she always forgot to ask for their number, not able to register it in her phone.

She saw Shimizu's number displayed right under Kajiwara's, so she decided to give her a ring. The busy 3rd year felt her phone vibrate, looking at the caller ID and wondered what the first years wanted from her on a weekend. "Hai?" she brought the phone to her ears.

"Kiyoko-sama, I'm bored... is by any chance, you're free to hang-out with today...?" Sugimoto's mewls were the first one to greet her ears. 

The moment she was asked that, Kiyoko knew answering 'yes' would be a mistake if she didn't want to waste energy that day. She then came to a solution of suggesting Kageyama to Sugimoto, knowing it would be a great help in growing their friendship towards each other. "But I don't have Kage's number..."

"I have. I'll send it to you. Go give him a text and ask him. I'm sure he has time for you," Shimizu said before hanging up.

Hisano stared at the screen of her phone, musing on what's up with her upperclassman. Later, a text message from the megane showed at her screen as she received the said number of her fellow freshman. "Kage's number..." she ogled, pressing on the green button to give him a call. Two rings before he picked up, and she wasn't expecting him to holler her the moment he spoke –