Chapter 8

It was a beautiful summer night.  The sun was almost completely set and the breeze felt like a warm hug around my body.  Lucky and I walked the streets of the city looking for...well I don't actually know where he was planning on taking me.

"Are we almost there?" I say nudging him with my elbow.

He flinches as I probably pulled him out of his continuous thoughts.  "Yes, actually we are." He surprises me by taking my hand. "Only a few more blocks." And with that he begins to drag me along the sidewalk.

"Here we are m'lady." Lucky says in a terrible british accent. I giggle and take in the small shop that has white bricks, but the doors and display windows are covered in black.

"It's closed?" I question.

"Or is it..." Lucky says mysteriously and goes to grab the handle and open the door but it doesn't budge.

"Yes."

"Okay this is not supposed to actually be locked." 

"What do you mean?" I ask while laughing at Lucky trying to pry open the door.

"I was going to take you to this art show that was supposed to be here tonight." 

Lucky starts pounding on the door.

"Stop, someone is going to call the cops."

"I know the guy who works here." he continues. "Anders! Open up!"

And with great struggle the door is unlocked from the inside and eventually opened.

"What the hell do you need? The studio is closed." The skinny boy says.

"I thought you had a showing tonight." 

"Yeah, well, no one showed up for the introduction so I just closed early." The boy with short brown hair says and looks me up and down. "Who is your friend?"

"This is A.J she just moved here. But more importantly we want to see your show."

More importantly?

"Lucky." Anders says.

"Anders." Lucky mocks.

"It's getting late and I am not ready for a showing."

"Anders, please, it can be like a private show, A.J hasn't gotten a good taste of the cities night life and she is too young to get into a bar or club. "

"You owe me Lucky Blue," Anders opens the door wider and motions for us to come in. "Now, prepare to be amazed."

I walk into the studio and grab on to Lucky's arm.  All the lights are turned off and I can't even see my arm if I reached it out in front of me.  

"Scared?" Lucky looks down at me and I nod a little. 

Suddenly a clicking noise is heard and a light is projected on one of the walls.  It glows purple revealing an amazing pattern that must have been done with black light paint.  It is mesmerizing as more colored lights shine on random places in the room revealing more random patterns and sketches.  

Suddenly the whole room lights up blue and all four walls light up their mural of the city in abstract form. It is surreal, the room feels like we are walking through a cartoon but the drawings are accurate yet imaginative.  

"This is amazing." I barley am able to say.

"Anders is a very modern artist." Lucky says still very close to me.

The different colored lights reveal other parts of a hidden mural, though he painted it all on the same four walls.

The lights flicker back on and the walls are completely white and look normal.  

"I am speechless, that was incredible." I say enthusiastically to Anders who comes out from behind a little curtain.  

"Thank you very much, I have been working on this for over a year." His smile is so big and so proud.

"Anders lives in his studio up on the second floor. He was one of my first friends in the city." Lucky tells me.  

We talk for a little bit more but Lucky excuses us from Anders's studio when the clock reads 10:45. The wind has picked up and whips my hair out of my face as we are walking.

"Thank you so much for tonight, Lucky." I break the silence.

"It was no problem, I had a lot of fun.  I am glad you are starting to warm up to the city." He looks down at me and smiles.

"You are just...such a..nice person."

He chuckles. "Thanks?"

I shake my head laughing a little. "How did you end up living with Cuff."

Lucky furrows his eyes brows and chews on his lip. "He needed a place to stay, I needed my own place....and we just kind of moved in together with out knowing each other."

"Risky."

"Yeah, he was actually just released from jail when I moved in with him."

"Cuff was in jail?" I say nervously. Why the fuck didn't he tell me this? I am living with a criminal.  He could be a murderer.

"He did some time yes, but it was a very small crime.  He had a rough up bringing and got caught up in the wrong crowd.  But believe me he is harmless. " Lucky reassures me.

We walk the rest of the way to the studio and let ourselves in.  Cuff is already sleeping on his mattress snoring.  Feeling a lot more comfortable with the living situation, I decide to just take off my clothes in the living area.  So I peel of the dress and throw on my tank top and shorts and get on the futon like nothing happened.  

Lucky is still standing up, wide eyed but plays it off by taking off his shirt and pants when he sees me look up at him.  Eventually, he is in his sweat pants and climbs under the covers too.  

The tension is evident, to me at least.

I rest my eyes shut, just as I feel the mattress shift when Lucky sits up.  I feel him lean over me and I open my eyes.  His beautiful crystal colored eyes are staring down at me.  

"Can I kiss you?" He barely whispers.

I can't even answer so instead I pull my head up and latch my lips on to his.  The kiss is soft but grows more lustful and passionate.  His tongue glides over my bottom lip begging for entrance and I finally give in and part my lips.   

Lucky shifts so he is resting even more on top of me and we break away from the kiss breathing hard.  

"I have been wanting to do that for so long." He says laying back down in his original position. I feel sad at the loss of contact.

"Please say something." I hear him talk again.

My mind is racing. Lucky is a very charming and attractive guy and I would love for us to be something more. However, I need to focus on my career and money, and what happens when it is time for me to move out? I can't stay and live in here forever.

"I-I can't be in a relationship right now Lucky." My heart stings when I say this.

"I understand." Lucky whispers. "You know what you need to do, I shouldn't have done that."

I roll over and rest my head on his chest. "It would be hard....to try to make it work."

"No, I know, we can be friends A.J.  I think I would prefer that actually." I know he is trying to be nice and help the situation but his words hurt me slightly.

I clear my throat. "Then let's just be best friends."

"Best friends it is."

And with that I drift to sleep on his chest.  

----------

Author's Note:

Hi guys!!! It has been a while but I am back!!

This story has been getting so many reads, so thank you so much!! Your votes and comments motivate me to update more so please do that!!!

xoxo,

Scar