Chapter 9

Liam and I are waiting for Stiles and Malia to come downstairs. We want to go with them, to Mexico, to save Scott and Kira. Once they came down, Stiles said" oh! Liam, Kelly, go home. you're not coming with us." Liam and I said" why not?" Stiles said" because it's a full moon. and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you two rip my throat out." Liam said" you can lock us up, right? Chain us down to the back seat or something?" Malia said" you tore through the last chains, remember?" Stiles said" yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Liam and I said" okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Stiles stared at us before saying" seriously, you two haven't seen it either?" He turned around, Liam and I said" wait!" We got in front of them, we said" what if we put us in the trunk?" Malia said" you'd get out of that, too." stiles said" Liam, Kelly, you've been werewolfs all of 5 minutes. you don't have to do this." I said" we know we don't, but we want to. there's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. there has to be." Stiles said" maybe there is."
We were meeting in a warehouse, We got out, when Braeden got here with a van. Stiles said" how did you get a prison transport van?" She said" I'm a U.S. marshal." Stiles said" yeah, I just thought that was just a cover." then 2 other people showed up, Derek and I think, Peter. Derek said" are we really bringing them?" Stiles came back over to us, Stiles said" are we really bringing him?" Peter said" we're bringing everyone that we can. and considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Malia said" what's that mean?" Peter said" if Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Liam said" what, she wants to make him younger?" Derek said" or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." Peter said" a werewolf can't steal a true alpha's power. but maybe a Nagual Jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her... maybe she can. so, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." Stiles said" we can't. not without Lydia."
Stiles was trying to get ahold of Lydia, Derek said" what's she doing at the school anyway?" Malia said" we got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Stiles said" nothing." Braeden said" if she has a car, she can catch up to us." Peter said" that's a good point. we'll call her from the road." Stiles said" no. what if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Peter said" fine. you stay, you find her. we're gonna go on without you." Liam said" I could call Mason." I said" he has a study group at school. maybe he could look for her." stiles said" all right. fine." we walked to the van, Peter said" remember what we're dealing with here. it's not just Kate, its Berserkers. you might see human eyes behind those skulls. do not assume that there's any humanity left." Liam and I looked down, and slightly gulped. Peter said" oh. these little ones are terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry, my friends, it is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. you do not fight berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."
Liam was talking to Mason, I was listening in. Mason said" yeah, her cars here. you want me to look around the school and see if I can find her?" Liam said" yeah, definitely. call me as soon as you find her."
Derek just finished handcuffing Liam and I to the seats. He said" all good?" We pulled hard at them, Derek said" okay, I brought something to help you." he held out a thing, he said" this has been with my family for centuries. it's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. we use it to teach betas how to control themselves on a full moon." Liam held one side, I held the other, we looked at it. Stiles said" yes, it's powerful. very powerful." we looked at them.
It's dark, we are breathing heavily, Liam said" whatever you're gonna teach us, I think you better start." our claws were out and our eyes glowed. we were breathing heavy, Derek said" Liam, Kelly, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. you repeat it, you focus on the words. it's like meditating. you say the words until you feel control coming back to you." Liam and I said" okay. okay, okay! What are the words?" Derek said" okay, look at the triskelion. see the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back, it's the same thing. each spiral means something." Stiles said" alpha, beta, omega." Derek said" it represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another. betas can become alphas." stiles said" alphas can become betas." Liam and I said" can alphas become omegas?" Derek nodded, he said" all you have to do is say the three words. and with each one, you tell yourself, you're getting calmer, more in control. go ahead." Liam and I said" alpha, beta..." Derek said" slower." we said" alpha... beta... omega... alpha... beta... omega..." Derek said" good. say it again. remember, every time you say the words, you're getting calmer." Liam and I said" alpha, beta...omega." Derek said" say it again." stiles said" Derek, I don't think the powerful talisman of self control is working." Liam and I shifted. Derek said" Liam, Kelly, say it again!" We roared and lunged at them, we broke one hand cuff off. Liam got his other one off, then Stiles said" Liam, Kelly. what three things cannot long be hidden?" I got my other cuff free, we were trying to attack Derek, stiles said" Liam! Kelly! Liam, Kelly, look at me. what three things cannot long be hidden? What three things?" Liam and I said" sun... the moon... the truth." stiles said" that's it. say it again." we started retreating, we said" sun, the moon... the truth. sun, moon... and the truth." we shifted back to normal.
We got to the church, Liam and I said" we can't believe we did it. for a minute there, we thought we were gonna tear the two of you apart." stiles said" yeah. that would've made for an awkward ride home. so, thanks." Derek said think you both can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?" Liam and I looked at each other before looking back at them then brought out our claws. Stiles said" all right. we might actually be able to do this." Derek got out and was instantly grabbed by a berserker. Braeden got out and started shooting at it. it ran, we all got out. Peter said" how bad is it?" Derek said" I'm fine, I'm fine. just get to Scott. just find him, we'll be right behind you. go. go!" Peter, Malia, Liam and I ran off. Stiles ran up to catch up with us. We are inside the church, Peter said" this way." We are running through, Peter said" okay, everyone stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. we gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira." then stiles phone rang. Stiles went to talk, once he came back, Liam and I said" what do we do now?" Malia said" duck!" Then pulled mine and Liam's head down. Peter said" get down. go, go, go. whoa! Get back!" We were running away from it, it was chasing us. we got to this room, we stopped, Malia said" go find Kira and Scott, go!" she threw Kira's sword to stiles. stiles left. Liam, Malia and I got ready to fight. We are fighting it, we are all going at once. Malia goes then gets pushed, Liam went got pushed then I went got pushed, Peter went got pushed. We all attacked again, we got it to the ground. Right before Malia was about to kill it, Kira knocked the spike out of Malia's hand, stiles said" its Scott. its Scott." Liam and I looked at him, then we were pushed. it came towards us, we kept going back till we hit the wall. Kira said" Scott? Scott, don't!" Stiles said" Scott, its me!" he was punched. Scott lifted us up and then held us up against the wall, choking us. Liam and I said" Scott." we lifted us even higher, Liam and I said" Scott, Scott, listen, listen, listen! You're not a monster! You're a werewolf! Like us." he let us go, we got up. He started taking off the armor once he got to the helmet, he roared while ripping it in half, he looked at Peter, Scott was shifted, he said" you. the only one who knew as much as Argent about Berserkers. About the Nagual. you taught Kate. you helped her. all for power." Peter said" for my family's power. to be rightfully inherited by me. not usurped by some idiot teenage boy, so incorruptible, he wouldn't shed the blood of his enemies. Even when justified. you don't deserve your power. not power like this." Malia roared but Peter threw her, Kira got her sword ready, Scott said" Kira!" She stopped, then Scott and Peter started fighting.
Scott was thrown into a wall, Liam and I took a step, Peter saw us, and threw a bench at us, we ducked just in time. we looked at him, Scott got back up and blocked every throw Peter was making. then Scott punched Peter which threw him back and Scott stood on a table, and said" you were never an alpha, Peter. but you were always monster." Scott punched him again and knocked him out. we all came out.
We are leaning against the wall, once Scott was done talking to argent, we walked up to him, him and stiles looked at each other.
Scott, stiles and Liam were explaining why Scott and Kira missed the game and they all missed practice. I'm laughing a little ways from the door. Once I heard coach leave, I walked in, still giggling, I said" Liam, did your voice crack?" Liam glared at me, I smirked. he grabbed me and held me, Scott and stiles laughed at us. I said" let me go! I'm hungry!" Liam said" nope." I said" I'll buy you something?!" He let me go, Scott and stiles were laughing at us.