Chapter 3

I'm with Liam, at school, which is horrible. He's lifting weights, while I'm just hanging, and Mason is lifting hand weights. Mason said" you know how I keep reminding Garrett to give me back my hoodie?" Liam said" yeah." while getting another pound. I said" yep." Mason said" well, I remember you said he lived in that housing development on Spaulding. so I went there and guess what?" I said" he was making out with Violet?!" Mason smiled sarcastically at me, he said" no. the housing development is still in development." Liam and I said" so?" Mason said" there are no houses yet. so unless the dude lives in some backhoe, there's something he's not telling us." he looked at me then Liam, Liam was focused on the weights, I smiled, Mason said" and then there's this other dude, man, he's... been acting really strange. running to school for no reason. disappearing at parties. used to be my best friend." Liam said" uh-huh." I covered my mouth hiding my laugh. Mason said" and he was apparently on steroids." Liam said" what?" I giggled. Mason said" you're not actually going to try to lift that, are you?" Liam looked to notice how much he was about to try and lift, Mason said" are you all right? I mean, is it about the game tonight?" Liam said" I'm fine. it's just a scrimmage. you know who you're playing, right?" Liam said" yeah. I mean, no. I guess I missed the announcement." I said" who are they playing?" Mason said" its your old school. Devenford Prep." oh no, no, no! Liam went to change, I went with him, once we got to his locker, he said" what the heck?" I looked to see his stick gone, Liam said" where's my stick?" We heard something and went around the corner, Liam kept me behind him, there was a man, he said" is this yours?" then he snapped it in half, then threw them to Liam's feet. Liam got angry, causing me to get angry. we growled and attacked. the guy pinned us to the lockers, by our necks. we heard Scott say" Liam. Kelly." we calmed down, staring at the man, he said" you're right. they are angry." he let us go, Scott took out a stick from behind him, he said" this one's yours." then tossed it to Liam, the bell rang, Scott said" get to class, Liam, Kelly." me and Liam walked off. going to class.
Liam and I are going to see our old team. Mason said" Liam, Kelly, wait! No, no, no, no! Liam, Kelly." we stopped once we saw Brett, jerk boy, Liam said" Brett!" We walked up to him, Mason said" ah, here we go." I could see Liam trying to control his anger, I was too, kinda. Liam said" I just wanted to say... have a good game." Brett then laughed. Brett said" that's cute, Liam. is that what they told you to say in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine?" Don't kill Brett, don't kill Brett, don't kill Brett. Brett said" you demolished coach's car." Liam said" I paid for it." Brett said" yeah, you're going to pay for it. we're gonna break you in half out there. and it's gonna be all your fault." my claws dug into my hand. I was about to lunge at Brett, for threatening Liam, but Scott and Stiles came and Scott saw what I was about to do, he grabbed me and Liam and pulled us back. Scott got Liam then once stiles was done talking to Brett and the prep jerks, stiles grabbed me.
So they had to stick Liam and I under cold water, after a minute, we said" okay! Okay!" We slid down another wall, Scott said" that car you smashed. I thought you said that was your teacher's." Liam said" he was also my coach. he benched me for the entire season." Scott said" what did you do?" Liam said" I got a couple red cards." Stiles said" just a couple?" Scott bent down, he said" you gotta be honest with us. what else happened?" Liam and I said" nothing. we got kicked out of school. they sent us to a psychologist for evaluation." Scott said" what did they call it?" We said" intermittent Explosive Disorder." Stiles said" IED? You're literally IEDs? that's great. that's great. you gave superpowers to walking time bombs." Scott said" did they give you anything for it?" Liam said" Risperdal. it's an antipsychotic." stiles said" oh, this just gets better." Liam and I said" but we don't take it." stiles said" obviously." Liam said" I can't play lacrosse on it. it makes me too tired. and she can't focus on it." Scott said" okay. I think you should bail out of the game. tell coach your leg is still hurting." Liam said" no. no! I can do this. especially if you're there." we stood up. Scott said" but, Liam, it's not just about the game. we think whoever killed Demarco might be on our team." Liam and I said" who's Demarco?" Stiles said" the one who brought the beer to the party. the guy who was beheaded. remember?" Scott said" we think the person who ordered the keg killed Demarco." Liam and I glanced at each other, uh oh. Scott said" Liam? Kelly? What, you know something?" Liam said" we don't know who ordered the keg. but I know who paid for it." Garret.
We are at the game. Liam, Mason and I are looking at Brett, well Liam and I glaring at him, Mason drool looking at him. Liam said" I don't care if he's a foot taller than me. I think I can take him." he looked back at us, I said" I'll be right by your side." Mason said" yeah." Liam and I looked to Mason then Brett then Mason. Liam and I said" what do you think you're doing?" He said" what? Me?" We looked at him, he said" agreeing with you. I'm being agreeable." Liam and I nodded, then looked at Brett, then back to Mason, we said" you think he's hot, don't you?" Mason said" no! No. not at all. no way! Maybe. yeah, maybe a little." I said" he wants to destroy him, meaning he has to destroy me." Mason said" I think you could definitely take him. and then give him to me." Liam and I chuckled, Mason said" no, no just go out there and kick their smug prep school butts." Liam said" all right." I said" go beat them, and then bring them to me!" Mason slapped my shoulder, Liam and I laughed. Mason joined laughing with us. I said" good luck, Li." we sat at the bleachers, Brett threw a ball at Liam, he caught it. I could see Liam get angry, we already hate Brett, he's just adding on. The game started, Liam was instantly pushed back, I closed my eyes, after they scored, Liam got up and went to attack the 2 players but got stopped by Scott and Stiles. I wasn't paying attention to the game, I was focused on Liam. Liam was tackled, I wanted to run out there but Scott and stiles have this. he collided with Garret and Brett, Brett was hurt badly, Liam seemed okay and Garret was fine. but since Garrett is the one killing, I was worried. once they were back at the benches, I got up. I went over to them, I said" what's happening?" Liam said" Brett is on the list." my mouth fell open, Liam closed my mouth.
Scott ran off to find Brett, stiles chasing slowly after him.