Chapter 6

I'm in my room, I can't fall asleep. I hear Liam's printer going off. I get up and go into his room to see he's awake and looking at his printer too. He looks at me and gets up. We walk over to the printer, and see it printing a copy of the dead pool, but names crossed out, we look at each other then Liam tries to shut it off, but it doesn't work, then he goes to the plug and unplugs it. We looked at each other, that's was scary. I ended up staying with Liam for the night.
We walked into school, everything seemed weird. then Mason came up saying" Liam! Kelly!" we snapped out of it and looked at him, he said" hey. am I gonna see you guys at the bonfire tonight?" Liam said" uh... I'm thinking about skipping it." Mason said" you're not skipping." Liam said" why not?" Mason said" because your on the lacrosse team. don't you have to go?" Liam said" I don't...uh." then he looked down the hall, I did too and saw that berserker, or whatever they call it monster. Liam said" I..I don't think I can make it." Mason said" you're coming and we're gonna find you a nice girl that you can embarrass yourself in front of and find me a lacrosse player. because statistically speaking, someone on your team has gotta be on my team. all right? Liam?" Liam snapped out of it while I continued to stare at the monster walking towards us, we know it's not there but it's still creepy. Liam said" okay. I'll be there." then Liam grabbed my arm and we walked off, I said" does that mean I have to go?" he nodded. Liam went into the locker room, leaving me waiting for him. Liam came out and we sat on the stairs, Liam was messing with his lacrosse stick, I was sitting next to him. Scott came up behind us, his foot steps making us jump. He sat down next to us, he said" hey. you okay?" Liam and I glanced at him, he said" hey." Liam and I finally looked at him, Liam said" last night my printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off. I hit the cancel button. but it just kept printing." Scott said" printing what?" I took the paper out of my pocket, then handed it to Scott. he opened it then we heard coach yell" what the heck is this?" We got up and went to the door, his printer was doing the same as Liam's. Scott grabbed the paper. Liam led us away. Liam and I said" see the difference?" Scott said" Derek's not on the list anymore." Liam and I said" and we're not worth three million. it's 18 now. $18 million."
We are at the bonfire. Liam and I are sitting on the table, Mason sitting next to us. we each have a cola bottle of beer. I've had one, Mason still has one and Liam has had more than one, he's probably trying to get drunk. he takes another gulp, then said" not gonna tell me to slow down?" Mason said" actually, I was gonna say, 'keep drinking' I think you should get drunk. and I mean stumbling down, fall on your butt, passed out with your face in the toilet drunk." I take a gulp of my drink, I nearly choke laughing, Liam said" why?" Mason said" maybe then when I ask you what's going on, you'll be too drunk to lie. I'm not asking this because I want to know. I'm asking because I want to help." Liam looked off, I followed his gaze and saw Scott talking to Malia. Liam said" I'm gonna get another drink. yeah... I'm getting drunk." he walked off, Mason looked at me, I smiled at him.
Liam tripped, I got up but tripped too. Mason got up helping us up and sit us down. I felt bad, very bad. Liam and I were dizzy, I heard Scott say" how much have they had to drink?" Mason said" not enough to make them like this." Scott said" something's happening. we need to get them out of here. I think we're gonna have to, um..." I couldn't focus on anything, anymore. I just sat slightly bumping shoulders with Liam. I was lifted up then placed somewhere. after a minute, I started getting up, I looked at Liam, he looked at me, silently asking if I'm okay, I slightly nodded.