"...my child."

Pain.

That's all she felt.

The bloodied hand ripped out her heart and she fell back, dead.

Quasi wasn't a God. He was a soul. Someone who got lost in the woods. Someone mad with insanity. That insanity could make the most powerful beings fall dead at his feet.

~~~

'What is taking them so long?!' Dark growled as he paced outside Viridi's door. He knew that Phosphora and Palutena were talking in the living room. Pit and Viridi were SUPPOSE to be talking, but Dark couldn't hear anything.

He stopped and looked at the door.

".....fuck it." Dark put his hand on the doorknob.

~~~

Quasi chuckled as he used the boy's body to undo the flower in Viridi's hair. He stood up just as the door opened. He smiled. Big.

Dark gasped and a hand flew to his mouth. The young dark angel could hardly process what he saw.

Viridi lay in a pool of blood, a hole in her chest. Pit held her heart and the flower pin she always wore. Quasi slowly turned around and smiled bigger.

"Hello, my friend. I see you came. A bit sooner then I expected but no matter."

As he spoke, Viridi's heart turned into a black liquid and leapt into the flower pin. The flower closed its petals, turning into a bud, it's color fading to a dull purple.

Quasi picked up his bag and placed the flower into it.

"Welcome to your new home, my child."

He looked back up at Dark.

"Why don't you join your friend?"

Dark Pit was never as scared as he was now. His hands were shaking, his feet felt like jelly, a million thoughts ran through his head. He was too scared to know that that wasn't his brother, that he wasn't in control. All he knew was that Pit killed Viridi, and he was next on the list.

Quasi stepped towards Dark and something clicked. Maybe it was the fact he was going to get killed, maybe he subconsciously thought that he had to get help, maybe it was the cat-like instinct he had. It all screamed the same thing.

Run.

His body moved faster then his mind. He knew the layout of the sanctuary all too well. He could run through here blindfolded if he wanted too. Right now, he had to get to Palutena and Phosphora.

He ran into the living room and slipped. He fell forwards. His mind panicked. Falling meant Pit could catch up to him.

As he fell he spun around and summoned his staff, nearly blocking the oncoming knife that Quasi held.

Palutena and Phosphora froze.

Quasi looked up at the two, waiting for them to mark themselves.

"...Pit...?"