The Ocean

Pit loved the water. He felt the most connected at home that way. He didn't live in the water but he lived someplace that was similar.

"Which Earth habitat is the closest to our home?"

"The Ocean."

"And why is that?"

"The earth itself is very similar to our land. The air lets birds fly but doesn't really match us."

"And what about the water?"

"The gravity matches our own."

"Very good."

~~~

Now Pit flew through the air, the plan set in action. He had made sure that his laurel crown was put loosely on. He dodged enemies as he flew towards his meeting place.

He heard the Goddess shout, "Pit!! Watch out!!!"

He let himself be hit by the enemy. He let his laurel crown fall from his head. He let himself fall to earth. He let himself be caught in the familiar black void and pulled out into the meeting place.

"You okay?"

Pit looked up and smiled at the Prince Of Shadows.

"I'm fine, Galaxy. Everything is set?"

Galaxy nodded and the both of them looked out to sea. They were on a rocky cliff, about 250ft above the sea. Pit started to take off his belt, tunic, gloves, and shoes. Leaving his underclothing on.

Pit looked over at Galaxy, "Stay within my shadow. Once Hades leaves, send the signal.

Galaxy nodded and stepped into Pit's shadow. Galaxy turned black and melted into his shadow.

The young Angel took a step back. He ran forward and jumped. He dived forward, descending quickly from the 250ft. He hit the water and all was silent.

He sank to the bottom of the sea, holding his breath. He started to run. Quick and easy on the sandy bottom.

~~~

Pit burst his head out of the water and gasped for breath. He had been under the water for four hours. Pit looked around and spotted a rocking the distance. He swam towards it.

Once he got onto the rock he looked up at the sky. The sun was setting. The moon would be out soon. He sighed.

Pit missed home. He just wanted to go and run away from it all. He knew he couldn't. He had to finish this.

He took a deep breath and dived in the water.

The cold water never bothered him. He grew up in the cold. It never bothered him. (insert Frozen joke here)

Pit dived down, to the bottom of the ocean. He found what he was looking for. A power only his family could master.

The Moonstone Necklace.

It was inside a chest, covered in coral. Pit dug up the coral and opened the chest. He switched the necklace with a fake.

He closed the chest and hid behind a rock.

He waited for Hades.

Let the fight begin.