•17•

•17• Concept of Life

How could this be? The only girl I truly loved was on the verge of dying. Why god? I don't understand. I know I fucked up a lot, but I don't deserve this, but most of all she doesn't deserve this. Not one ounce of it. It was just how the news came rushing down on me. I couldn't believe it. 6 months left... That's all I could think about.

"It's gonna be okay, Justin." I heard Hailey soft voice whisper.

I shook my head and let out a frustrating scream causing people in the waiting room to turn their attention to us. "Why is this happening!" I yelled pulling on the ends of my tussled hair.

"Justin! Calm down." Hailey squeaked.

"Just shut the fuck up! I am not going to calm down! My girlfriend for three years, who I happen to love very much is fucking dying! And you want me to calm down? I'm miserable without her, and you of all people know that! I'm shit without her. So please out of all due respect shut the fuck up and let me cope!" I barked standing to my full height towering over her.

"Sir, we're gonna have to ask you to calm down please." A snotty voice spoke from behind me.

That wasn't a good idea.

"Do you know who I am?" I growled turning all of my attention towards the rude nurse.

She glared at me and scoffed. "Actually I do, and that doesn't change a thing. So if I may ask politely. Please, just lower your voice." She said with just as much attitude.

"You stupid sl-" I barked but I was soon cut off by a familiar voice.

"Melody Lane!" I let out an animalistic growl towards the snobby nurse before going to the doctor.

"How's she doing?" I asked still full of anger. One wrong word and I was gonna burst. "Well we did a quick check up and a couple of scans." He said looking down at his clipboard.

"Well?" I asked getting quite impatient.

"I'm sorry to inform this to you, but Melody is going to have to spend her time here to be suited with the right amount of care."

"What? How is that even necessary? She was perfectly fine 2 weeks ago!" I asked raising my voice slightly. "Please just ugh- can I see her?" I rushed out feeling my stomach do flips as I thought about never seeing my baby again.

"Yes you may see her. We'll be ever to discuss this more in my office. Follow me." He said before turning and leading us into another direction.

"Are you coming Hails?" I asked turning towards her. She shook her head no and kept her attention on the floor.

I nodded and jogged up to the doctor so I wouldn't lose him. "Would you like to go to my office first or give a quick visit to Ms. Lane?"

"I wanna visit my girl." I whispered looking around frantically trying get to see if I saw my princess in any rooms or behind any of the curtains.

"Here we are." He said stopping at a room that stated to be Melodys. "Room 436." Dr. Grayson said opening the door. A small smile crept its way on my face as Melody stared at me with a cute little pout on her lips.

"May we have some time alone, doc?" I asked giving him my best pleading look.

"Of course! Take as long as you like. If you need me I'll be waiting outside." He said before exited the room.

"How you feeling darling?" I asked walking over to her beside and taking a seat on the edge on the hospital bed. She shrugged slightly and blushed looking down.

I sighed and gripped her hand just keeping my mouth shut. I felt her squeeze back gently causing me to smile.

"C-can you s-sing-g me a s-song?" I heard her small voice whisper.

"Of course babygirl." I said smiling. I thought back to when I first met her and decided on what song to sing. It was from the beginning of my career and it reminded of our relationship completely.

"It's a big, big world. It's easy to get lost in it..." I sung staring directly at her. I could feel her grip tighten as I started the next verse.

"You've always been my girl, oh and I'm not ready to call it quits." I expressed all of my feelings knowing she was gonna leave me very, very, soon.

"We can make the sun shine in the moon light-" I took a short pause to take a deep breath. "We can make the grey clouds turn to blue skies."

" I know it's hard, Baby, believe me." As I sung I saw all of our memories flash before my eyes, but somehow I managed to keep the song going.

Before I knew it I had tears in my eyes threatening to spill. I was on the last couple of verses which sent me over the edge. I looked into her eyes and broke down.

"Please don't leave me." I cried pulling her resting body into my embrace.

"I w-won't." She whispered clutching my shirt in her hands softly. I had my face nuzzled into her neck as I released all of my locked up feelings.

"P-promise me y-you won't leave." I hiccup pulling back and searching her eyes.

"I-i p-promise J-jay." She said barely above a whisper. I nodded slowly trying to reassure myself she wasn't gonna leave me. "Never ever leave me." I mumbled flickering my eyes to her lips but quickly back to her eyes.

"I n-never will..." She says slipping her skinny arms around my neck.

"Cross your heart?" I asked softly slowly leaning in.

"C-cross my h-heart." Melody whispered right before I smashed my lips onto her soft, pink, plump lips.

I knew I was gonna lose her. I just wanted to feel as if maybe she wasn't gonna leave me. Something deep inside of me told me that she was gonna leave me quicker then I thought, and I had to brace myself. I could feel myself dying on the inside as I actually came to the realization of her leave me. No... My baby girl.. I can't believe this. It's finally gonna be over. But I'll never forget this love. This love made me who I am.