•16•

•16• Finding out the Worst

I was afraid. Afraid of what you may ask? Afraid of the way she'd react if she completely understood. I was gonna have a deep conversation with Melody today, and I was gonna make sure she understood.

"Mel?" I called out as I lightly tapped on her bedroom door.

I heard a soft humming noise and the sound of tapping coming from behind the door. "Baby girl." I called again but this time I slowly opened the door.

"H-hi J-justy." She whispered keeping her attention on the ground.

"I wanna speak to you about something." I mumbled walking in fully. She nodded softly and scooted over so I could have a seat. I walked over to the spot and planted myself down beside her.

"I l-love you, okay? I make a lot of mistakes that you may not know of. Look Melody, I'm not the perfect boyfriend you think I am."

"W-what do-o you m-mean?" Melody whispered still not looking up at me.

I audibly gulped and looked down fiddling with my fingers.

"Nothing. I just- nothing Melody. Forget I said anything." I said stumbling over my words a bit.

"O-okay." She whispered still not daring to look up at me. "Melody are you okay?" I asked softly feeling an awkward vibe coming from her.

"N-no." Melody mumbled finally looking over at me.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked grabbing her face in my hands. My eyes widened as I noticed the dark bags under her eyes. The white of her eyes was blood shot red, and her skin was slightly pale.

Slowly my eyes trailed up and down with a small frown plastered on my face..

"You're getting the symptoms even worst..." I mutterred.

"H-how?" Melody whimpered.

"Just look at you-" I start. "you look terribly sick. This isn't you. It's the autism." I said mostly to myself.

She didn't say anything else after that.

•¥Δ§•

"Hailey, it's getting bad." I hissed as we spoke over the phone about Mel's condition.

"Try taking her to the hospital." I frowned thinking of doing that.

"Will you come along? I can't handle any bad news at the moment." I asked feeling slightly hopeful.

"Okay, I'll meet you at your house." She grumbled before hanging up leaving me in wonder.

"Melody!" I called out waiting to hear an reply.

"I-in here." I hear a small voice whisper.

I jump up and run to the game room, seeing Melody cuddled into her life size bear I bought her.

"I want you to get dressed we're going somewhere in a little bit." I said crouching down by her on the couch.

"W-where to?" She said barely above a whispered.

"Uhm a magical building." I said trying to sound slightly excited.

"Then l-lets go." She whispered standing up and looking down. I sighed and stood to my feet. A small pout was planted on her lips.

"Okay babygirl." I mumbled grabbing her hand and walking her to her bedroom to get her dressed.

I felt terrible for lying to her, but I need to get her checked out. They said she wasn't supposed to show the symptoms til she was in her late twenties. God, why is this happening? Out of all the times this happens when I choose to fuck up and cheat on her. Everyone will think it's my fault. Jesus Christ. What is happening to my baby girl?