•9•

•9• Mistaken for Kindness

Life isn't something you should take for granted. If you have it, you should take it to the fullest extinct. That's was I feel. That's why've I have been trying to do so much with my life since the day I was born. Hockey, art, charity, and especially music. It wasn't me who taught, myself that though, it was my mother. Oh how j missed my mother'scolding me and putting me in place. It made me feel like I was still a kid.

"Morning Mikey." I rasped out walking past him sitting on the couch.

"Hey man! Can I ask you something." I heard his voice call out then by a follow of quick footsteps.

"What is it? I gotta be in the studio in a sec." I grumbled making my coffee. Loading the machine and pressing start.

"It's about Melody's condition." He whispered. I froze and looked at him. "What's up?" I asked staring at him intentively. "Because of her autism can she forget things?" He asked and that's when I noticed the white tears stains on his cheeks.

"Sometimes it depends what it was, and how long ago." I said in a sentimental tone.

"Well it's a certain person." He whispered scratching the back of his head.

"May I ask who?" I said raising an eyebrow. "My uhm well our mother. She's not dead she just had to leave for Melody's sake" He said and that's when I heard a gasp.

My head shot in the direction of the doorway. "Did Melody know?" I asked but didn't stay seated to hear.

I shot up and ran out of the kitchen hearing terrible sobs going up the stairs. My ears perked up as I heard Jason's voice.

"What's wrong little one?" His raspy voice spoke out.

I rolled my eyes and walked to his room slowly going in. He eyed me and I nodded motioning him to go on. "You wanna tell me?" He whispered stooping down to her level of height.

"M-mommy." Was all she got out before scurrying to the corner of the room and sliding down the wall.

My heart broke at the sight of my baby crying. "Want me to keep going?" He asked in slight confusion. "Yeah." I whispered watching as his 6'0 figure walked over to my 4'12 little baby.

"Sweetheart you can trust me. I won't hurt you." He said soothingly grabbing her curled up hand. A frowned etched its way upon her lips as she wouldn't un ball it. "Damn..." He whispered causing Melody to giggle and smack him on the arm.

"B-bad word!" She squeaked out causing him to gasp dramatically.

"I didn't mean too!" He said pouting and chuckling.

"Say s-sorry." She said pointing a finger and glaring at him. "Nope." He said sticking his tongue out. I smiled at the sight and slowly left the room.

"What're they doing?" I heard a voice from behind me whisper.

What the hell...

Scaring the daylights out of me, causing me to scream at a high pitched tone. "Jesus Michael! You can't do that." I said breathing heavily and gripping my chest.

"Sorry." He said chuckling lowly. "Now what're they doing?" He asked again peeking in the room. I saw his body tense and he came back out, anger evident on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked raising an eyebrow, but got no answer.

I watched as he stormed down the hall way to his room.

Okay.. Weird. What was up with him? What did he see? I hadn't realized anything wrong when I was in the room. Maybe it was jealousy? Yeah, maybe it is. My heart pounded so hard I could hear it. Maybe letting them stay wasn't a good idea.