Ashton Wants to Be A Father

Ashton:

You're laying in bed, reading a book, while your husband, Ashton, is on his phone lying next to you.

"Hey babe" he snaps you out of the fantasy that is your book. You look at him.

"I was thinking"

"About?"

"I don't know... maybe, starting a family..."

"Ash..." you trail off.

"I mean we've been married for a year now, why not start a family? I've always wanted to be a father and you've always wanted to be a mother, I don't see why not!"

"Ash." you cut off his defensive rambling.

He looks up at you, worried.

"I'd love to."

"Really?"

"Yes." you smile, leaning up to kiss him. Soon, the book and phone are thrown over the room with your clothes.

*One Month Later*

"Here babe, just pee on it. Then come back out."

You nod and grab the pregnancy test. You close the bathroom door and take a deep breath. You quickly pee on it and wipe off the excess before opening the bathroom door.

"Is it positive?"

"Ash, you have to wait two minutes."

"Oh right ok. I'm waiting."

You laugh and lean against the wall, falling to the floor, as you're pretty tired and you figure you don't want to stand there for two minutes. Ashton follows what you do and you lean your head on his shoulder. Two minutes later, you look up at him.

"You ready?" you ask.

"Yeah." he breathlessly replies. You hold up the stick and smile. You hand it to Ashton and he forgets momentarily that your pee is all over it because he's so happy.

*Five Months Later*

"Babe babe babe"

"What, Ashton?"

"Do you think it's time to paint the baby room yet?"

"I feel like the correct answer is yes."

"Yay!" he says, helping you stand up and walking you into the baby room. He has bought eight cans of paint and you see his three best friends, Calum, Luke, and Ashton, and their wives all standing in the room. The boys start painting the room baby blue (even though you don't know the gender because you wanted to wait until birth to find out) and you attempt to help, but Ashton tries to stop you.

"Ashton, I'm fine."

"No, I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Well, then I'll just go make lunch for everyone." you say, walking out of the room, with the three other females following you, as the boys are making a mess and they know you're exhausted.

"So how's the pregnancy going?"

"Well, I'm exhausted, honestly. But Ashton has really taken the lead on this as you can see. He is just really considerate that I'm carrying our baby, so he needs to carry heavy loads and stuff."

"That's so sweet." Luke's wife coos.

"Yeah, but he still can't cook for shit so that's where I come in" you laugh, grabbing a large pot to cook mac and cheese in.

*Three Months Later*

You relax your head back onto the hospital bed. There's some rummaging around and you watch as Ashton cuts the umbilical cord. The nurses take your child and wash him off. They turn back around and hand him to Ashton.

"It's a boy" he smiles.

"What should we name him?" he says after a few moments.

"Ashton." you smile.

"What?"

"No, not you. The baby. Our baby. I think he looks just as pretty as his daddy and he shall be named Ashton."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I mean, if you're alright with that."

"I would love to have a little Ashton Fletcher Irwin, Jr." he smiles at his baby before handing him to you and sitting down next to you and rubbing your shoulder.