Hanging Out With: Stiles Stilinski

"I don't get it." Stiles, as you came to know him, toyed with one of the crystals on a dish next to the cash register, "You think there's magic stored in these?"

You gave him a look over your coffee cup, "Not magic, energy."

        He still didn't look convinced, you rolled your eyes, "You're a man of science right? Well then you know that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So where does all this energy go? It filters into the Earth. Where do crystals come from? The Earth. You can tap into the energy and use it to your body's advantage."

"And that's where meditation using these," He shook the crystal between his fingers, "comes in, right?"

"Now you're getting it!" You giggled and he shrugged, a little more convinced than before but trying not to show it.

"I've never been able to meditate. I can never focus long enough."

"Come." You walked from behind the counter and took his arm, dragging him towards the other side of the shop where you made him close his eyes.

        You pulled out a large glass dish with various sizes and colors of stones and crystals in it and sat it quietly on the table. You pulled his hand over it, not touching it and went behind him, speaking quietly to him.

"Don't question it, just go where your gut tells you. Intuition is important." For a few seconds his hand was still, then slowly he moved it to the right, then a little more and his fingers met with one stone that he immediately set aside and grasped another.

You took it from his fingers and held it up once he opened his eyes, "It's obsidian. Do you have something going in your life right now? Maybe something really new and difficult?"

"Wow." He scoffed, "You have no idea, sister."

You looked at his face, a mix of comedy and sincerity, "Do you have anxiety?"

"What?" His face dropped.

"I have it too. The meditation helps because it makes me breathe." You pulled a book off the table and flipped through the pages, "Obsidian is used for helping anxiety, but it also disbands negative energy following someone around. You picked it for a reason."

"All that from me picking something at random?" He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. You shrugged and picked some things up from behind the table and led him back to your counter.

He tapped his fingers against his lips, "For instance, if I put a bunch of these around me, like a fortress of obsidian nothing would hurt me?"

You bent some more wire and looked at him, "That's not what that means."

"Then for clarification, what does it mean?" His eyebrows were knit together in deep thought, like something was eating away at him.

        You held up his stone, caged carefully in wires you put around it with pliers and strung a chain through the loop at the top, "It's a charm, it assists the wearer with whatever it needs to. It could be a big difference or small ones. You just have to believe. In the end, everything will turn out like it should."

He looked at you with big eyes before putting it around his neck, all sarcasm out of his voice all of a sudden and a newfound softness, "Thank you."