First Date: Scott McCall

It was a more elaborate set up than you had expected coming from Scott. He had a duffel bag that he pulled out of the backseat when the two of you got to the park. You watched him carefully, intrigued by the smirk he had. He put his hand out for you to take, and you did, letting him lead you to a less crowded area of people near the neat little stage. It wasn't a fancy concert, just something local and most people there were families or couples or small groups of friends in fold out chairs or blankets of their own. Kids ran around to some of the vendors around the park, giggled and chasing each other.

"Madam." He grinned, letting you take your hands off your eyes.

         He had laid down a big red blanket down on the grass, various snacks and drinks in a grocery store bag in the middle. You laughed, sitting down and going through it. You handed him his energy drink and took your drink out.

"A cheese stick?" You raised an eyebrow, and then, "Carrots? And are those donuts?"

Scott chuckled, holding his hands out, "I wanted to make sure there was stuff you liked."

"That's sweet of you." You tilted your head, looking at him through your lashes. A blush spread across his cheeks.

        You spent most of the night just talking and snacking, laughing at practically everything. It was relaxing being around Scott, he was so easygoing and sweet. At one point you shivered, barely noticeably,  and he already had his jacket off and around your shoulders before you could even blink.

"How did you...?" You questioned, slowly, shoving your arms through his jacket.

He shrugged, smiling.

"You are something else, Scott McCall." You relaxed into his jacket, still warm from his body and smelling so good, like soap and cologne...and something else, something musky like the woods.

        You both laid back on the blanket, looking up at the little amount of stars you could see and enjoyed the music, you felt your side vibrate once, then twice. You reached for your phone, but realized Scott's phone was still in his jacket. Before you said anything it vibrated again, and again, and again, and...

"Um, Scott." You dangled his phone in front of him, texts from Stiles and calls from someone named Derek flashed on the screen repeatedly.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, grabbing the phone, "Hello? Yeah, but Stiles, really? I can't. What? Um, okay, I got it. Hold on."

He hung up and looked nervous, clenching and unclenching his fists, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I mean there's just something I have to take care of but..." You were a little sad, but it seemed pretty urgent.

"Do what you need to do, it's okay." You smiled sadly and a look of relief crossed his face. It always seemed like he had something going on in his life. Some secret life, almost.

        He packed up the stuff insanely fast and was heading to the car, you following quietly. He drove you back to your house, constantly checking his phone on the way. It was mostly quiet heading back, making you uncomfortable.

"Um, thanks for tonight." He picked up on the sullen tone in your voice.

He grabbed your hand before you climbed out, "Look, I'm so sorry. I really, really wish I could stay with you longer. It's just...complicated."

The sincerity in his voice grabbed your attention and the desperate look in his eyes brought your face closer to his, pecking his cheek quickly, surprising both of you.

"You can make it up to me on our next date."