How He Asked You Out: Derek Hale

"You didn't answer your phone yesterday." Stiles nagged you, while you waited on the rest of the crew to show up at Scott's.

You thought for a second, "Oh, yeah, sorry. I was with Derek."

"You've been with Derek a lot lately." Scott pointed out, sharing a look with Stiles, who just grinned.

"We're friends." You mumbled, pulling a piece of hair behind your ear.

"Derek and [Your name] sitting in a tree." Stiles spun around in Scott's chair, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

Scott laughed and you threw the closest thing to you, a book, at his head, which narrowly missed. Stiles almost fell out of the chair from ducking so quickly, sending you and Scott into a fit of laughter.

"Whatever." He huffed, "Derek totally has a thing for you."

"Shut up, no he doesn't." You felt a blush rise in your cheeks, "We're friends."

"Derek and [Your name] sitting in a tree." He started up again.

Derek leaned against the doorframe, watching Stiles, who was still unaware of his presence, "Do you always have to be an idiot?"

"O-Oh, sup Derek?" He cleared his throat, looking to you or Scott for some back up.

        You felt the tension between the two of them and rose from Scott's bed to head to the bathroom. Derek watched you quietly, nodding as a hello, that you reciprocated with a quick nod and slipped past him. After you finished up and started to head back to Scott's room, Derek was outside of the door waiting for you.

"Hi." You squeaked out, and he had an unreadable expression.

"Stiles is an idiot." He sighed, "But, a very perceptive idiot."

Your heart skipped a beat, "Meaning?"

"Meaning." Derek faced you, tilting his head, "I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out some time."

"HA! In your face!" Stiles' voice rang through the hallway, making the both of you look towards Scott's door, both of their heads peeking from behind the frame. Derek growled and both of them retreated back inside, closing the door behind them.

You giggled, "I would love to."

Muffled laughter came from Scott's room, "DEREK AND [YOUR NAME] SITTING IN A TREE."

You laughed and Derek rolled his eyes, cupping your cheek, his voice barely above a whisper, "K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

        With every letter your heart beat got faster until his lips were against yours, more tender than you could imagine. He kissed you like he was kissing glass, that one false move could shatter you entirely.