Hanging Out With: Scott McCall

"Ephemeral." You slide your finger across your iPad, stretched out on Scott's bed among some study guides and your backpack, the whole bed smells wonderfully like boy.

He was sitting at his computer desk, tapping a pencil on a book, "Something that lasts for a short time."

You swipe again, "Feverish."

"Something done with a lot of excitement and energy."

"You're good at these." You roll onto your stomach, looking at the books lining his shelf. You wouldn't have pegged him for a reader, but the lacrosse co-captain was always full of surprises, all the way from closet bookworm to dog whisperer.

"It's part of my better Scott McCall plan." He said it simply, shrugging.

"Hmm."

         After you studied some more he tossed you a controller to his play station, popping in one of his various games. Stiles made his way over and sat next to you on the bed, Scott sitting on the floor in front of you. The sun started to set and you decided it was probably a good time to head home with everything happening lately. Stiles went downstairs for food and you started to put your shoes on.

"See ya." Scott waved, mid-stretch, showing off some of of his toned stomach. Had he not been the oblivious boy he was he may have noticed your lingering look, but he was too caught up in the match he was currently in.

You were halfway down the stairs when at the last second you popped your head back in, "Oh, Scott? Don't go too crazy on your better Scott McCall plan, okay?"

His brown eyes lit up in confusion, eyebrows knit together, "What?"

"I like the way you are now." You grinned before bounding out of the house, your last look glance of his face was filled with pure confusion.

        Stiles walked in after you had already pulled out of your parking space, entirely confused by the huge grin on Scott's face.