How You Meet: Scott McCall

"Hi, Dr. Deaton." You stuck your hand out, smiling back at the Vet your mom had sent you to.

He shook your hand, "You must be [Your Name]. Your mother called an hour ago to say you'd be coming. Bebe should be out in just a minute; she's eating right now."

"Okay, thanks!" You took your time looking at the different animal related posters around the waiting area, picking up a pamphlet here and there out of boredom.

"SCOTT!" A boy that looked strangely familiar bounded into the waiting room looking uneasy, until seeing you, "Oh, hi there."

"Hi." You tilted your head, giggling. He smiled and it registered that he was the Sheriff's son. You'd seen a lot of him lately with all the animal attacks and murders going on in the past couple years. He was in your History class too.

        You wandered outside for a second to answer your mom's phone call, making sure you had gotten to the vet's in a timely fashion and any updates on her precious Bebe. You started to walk back in upon hearing voices on the other side of the glass, opening the door you were greeted by a taller boy crashing into you.

"Holy shit." Whoever he was managed to catch himself on the doorframe but you fell flat on your ass.

You looked up, "Really?"

"I'm so sorry!" He stuck his hand out, brown eyes focused on you, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." You let him help you up and started to brushed the back of your pants off, luckily your phone hadn't cracked during the process, which you had been most afraid of.

Dr. Deaton seemed amused, watching, "Scott, before you go, could you get Bebe out of the back for Ms. [Last Name]?"

"Oh, uh, yeah sure!" He gave one last glance at you and all but ran into the back. Bebe was on her leash and in front of you before you even had time to pay.

        Once you finished up, you raised an eyebrow at Bebe's uncharacteristically good behavior. At this point she would have had whoever was holding her back struggling to keep her at bay when she saw you or your mom. But right now she looked like a picture perfect, trained pitbull. You carefully took the leash from Scott, eyeing both of them back and forth.

"How did you do that?"

He blinked, "How did I do what?"

"Get her to behave." You narrowed your eyes at him, "I've been trying to train her for weeks and she's never been able to sit that still."

"Uh." He ran a hand through his hair, with a goofy smile, "I'm just good with dogs."

You started to scratch behind her ears, earning a sloppy kiss on your palm, "Well thanks."

"[your name], I could show you how to train her sometime...if you want." Scott had a boyish grin on his face, looking more adorable than you could even describe.

"Yeah." You grinned, "I'd like that."