44

(Ashton's P.O.V.)

Sunday morning is a bust. Not because it's Sunday, but because this morning my mum told me I had to move out. She said she'd help me with the first few months of rent but I need to get a job. I mean, I understand I'm twenty [tears] and everything, but come on Mum! I find out my soulmate is mentally unstable and this is what you do to me? That was uncalled for, sorry.

My mum brought boxes home from work for me to back all of my shit and I'm currently working on my bookshelf. I run through each book and ask myself if Dylan would want any. I put those books in a separate box and the ones I'm getting rid of in a bigger one. I pick up a copy of 'Twilight'. I have no idea why I have this. I'm sure Lauren left it in here at one point, I don't know. I flip through the pages and a white envelope catches my attention. I cross my eyebrows and move back to the envelope. I take it out of the book and see 'Her' written in very neat handwriting. Where the he-

"Ashton! Door!" My mother calls.

I put the envelope back into the book and place it on the shelf. I quickly get up and run out to the front room. When I look at the door, I see Dylan standing there peacefully and looking absolutely beautiful. I look her up and down and she giggles. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I needed to talk to you," she simply states.

My eyebrows perk up, "oh, um, okay? Let's go to my room."

She nods and follows me down the hall. Her eyes widen when we enter the room and a small gasp escapes her lips. I can't help but chuckle.

"What's going on in here?" She asks.

"My mum is kicking me out," I laugh. She stares at me in disbelief. "I gave her the same look."

Her gaze turns to the floor then to all the boxes, "I'm so sorry."

I shrug, "she already found me a place and is going to help pay for the first couple months. I needed to move out anyway. I'm twenty years old, for God's sake!"

She laughs. "I guess you're right." She sits down on the arm of my, completely covered, couch and removes her shoes.

I walk to my bed and sit as well. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

She gives me a puzzled look then realization occurs, "right. Um, I wanted to ask you what we like, are? I don't know if that makes any sense. And I'm guessing by the look on your face that it doesn't." She nervously laughs.

"By 'what we are', do you mean, relationship wise?" I ask.

She sighs in relief. "So you do know what I'm talking about?"

"I mean, if my guess was right, then yeah."

"It was."

I grow even more confused. "Why are you suddenly curious about... us?"

She sits for a moment. It seems as though she doesn't know the right way to say what she wants. "I talked to Violet today."

I raise my eyebrows at her and she nods. "So, how did that go?"

"It got me thinking of how I should move on from the past and look forward to my future." I stare at her with disbelief. This can't be happening. Dylan Iris Carter, is not telling me that she wants to move on from the past. Either that or I'm dreaming. "I'm serious."

I begin to chuckle and shake my head. "Do you think I'm stupid?"

She furrows her eyebrows together. "Of course I don't."

"Then why are you talking to me like I am?"

"Ashton, I'm not talking to you like you're stupid. I'm talking to you like you're my soulmate."