21

(Dylan's P.O.V.)

Ashton and I sit like that for God knows how long. We keep our foreheads resting on each other's and don't say a word. His hands are still grasping my hips, my hands locked behind his neck, and my legs resting on either side of his. My teal dress is bunched up right below Ashton's hands, exposing my thighs. He looks down at them and furrows his eyebrows. He pulls away and runs his fingertips down my scarred upper thigh. His eyes search for mine but I keep them down and hidden. He rests his forehead back on mine and cups my face with his hand, rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

"Why did you do it?" He whispers.

A tear escapes from my eye and I try to pull away but his free arm has found its way around my waist and he holds me in place. I can at least pull my head back and wipe the tear from my cheek. He sighs and I look down. I pull my hands away from his neck and place them in my lap after pulling the bottom of my dress down. I swallow and let the tears fall.

Ashton sighs again and pulls me closer to him. I place my head on his shoulder and sob. He places his hand on the back of my head and strokes my hair gently. He sways from side to side slowly and holds me tight. The wind blows and the grass dances with it.

Remember the time you weren't so fucked up?

"Stop," I whisper.

Ashton stops swaying and pulls back, "what?"

Oops.

"Nothing," I say while shaking my head.

I lean my head back on his shoulder after wrapping my arms around his neck. I sit up on my knees and sit farther up on his legs. His large and muscular arms wrap tightly around me and pull me closer to him. I want him to hold me and make the horrifying remarks of my subconscious disappear. I need him to.

Shut up and quit complaining. I'm here to stay and you know it, so don't even try to get rid of me.

I hug Ashton's neck tighter and he nearly chokes. I pull back a bit and nuzzle my head into his neck.

Oh, honey. You try so hard. The only one who could get rid of me was Harry. But, I didn't come around until he was gone, so that's kind of awkward.

"Please make her go away," I whisper.

He shakes his head, "make who go away?"

This little bitch right here, babe.

"My mind."

"I can't do that, Dylan."

I cry harder, "why not?"

Because the only one who can control me is you.

"You and I both know that's not true," I mentally state.

I know, but I thought it would be kind of nice to give you control. Well, at least make you think you had control.

"She's so mean, Ashton," I cry.

"I know, baby, I know."

Oh, let's not forget that Violet is coming home soon. Isn't that exciting! Gah, I've missed her. Haven't you? It's been almost two years.

"She won't leave me alone!" I scream.

He pulls me in tighter and kisses the side of my head.

I thought we've been over this. I don't go away, I just go on vacation. Being rude is really hard. I mean, you would know. Ever since you found out what Violet did you just hated everyone, huh? Want to know the worst part?