Epilogue

(Dylan's P.O.V.)

After I told Ashton, he stared at me with pity. I didn't want pity, I wanted reassurance. I wanted to know that it wasn't going to happen again. I wanted to know that it wasn't my fault. He just apologized and I shrugged it off. Of course I was crying, who wouldn't be? Talking about how their brother and boyfriend died in a car accident.

But after not getting a response out of me, Ashton hugged me and promised me that it wasn't my fault and that he loved me. We sat there for a while. A long while. I held onto him and I let go of Harry. Not completely, but enough to move on with my life.

He will always be apart of me and I will always love him.

Ashton and I went back to the apartment and after that day he has looked at me with new eyes, I can tell. Every time I made a joke or told him about a movie or a story from my past, he would smile and tell me he loved me. He didn't treat me any differently than before. I feel like having the nagging thought of Harry out of my mind made me realize how amazing Ashton actually is.

I've finally let go of the one thing holding me back from all of the wonderful things in my life, and it feels so freeing.

I never would have guessed that the guy on the stairs, coming to save me from my mother, would be the one to help me realize that letting go was okay.

I couldn't thank him enough for that.

---

Well
That's over
Sorry this epilogue is so short
Thank you sooooooooo much for reading and enjoying this
I loved writing it and I'm so glad people actually liked my first fanfic on here lol
If you're interested, I have a Luke Hemmings fanfiction which will be updated faster than this one was lol
I've been writing in it for a while so please, go check that out
Tell your friends ahah
Thanks for everything, ily
-Kat