Chapter 35

Chapter 35 - That awkward moment when..

Me and Niall were silent until the food came. It was too weird to talk. I picked up my fork and accidentally touched the piping hot plate. I dropped my fork with a loud clattering noise and held my hand tight. Niall looked up frantically not knowing what to do. He shot back his chair and ran behind me.

I couldn't see him and couldn't turn around. A figure appeared next to me and lowered something onto my finger. At first I was scared but then I felt soothed. I realized it was a bag that held ice and the figure was Niall. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Better now." I said. He relaxed and sat down. "Don't worry me like that!" Niall said smiling slightly. I smiled. "It's not like I tried." I laughed.

We started to eat. "Thanks for helping." I said. "No problem." He responded. Any of my actual old boyfriends probably would've just sat there and ate. I looked down trying to push back the thought. "Do you think I ever wouldn't have?" He asked seeing me look down. "I don't know." I sighed. "Anyone else would've ignored me." I said. "Notice how no one even glanced our way when that happened. And no one asked even ask if I'm ok.." I finished. Niall was quiet obviously deep in thought.

*Niall's Pov*

"No matter what anyone else does, you should know that I'll always be there to help. I wouldn't ignore you if you were hurting. You're my best friend." I said thoughtfully. Demi wouldn't look up. Be brave, Niall. I reached my hand across the table and softly lifted her head up. She looked at me slightly curious. I saw a smile creep on to her face and I smiled too. I let go and pulled back my hand.

She put a strand of hair behind her ear and I let my mind wander. I want to kiss her so badly right now.. Would it would work? I was broken out of my thoughts by footsteps stopping at our table. I looked up to see our waitress. She was looking at us intently. I cleared my throat.

She quickly stopped staring and blinked, looking at me. "Yes?" I asked her. "I just wanted to say; It's so cute how much you care about her! You too are just such a cute couple!" She gushed. "Oh and how's you're food? Do you need anything?" She asked seriously. "No. We're fine." I said at the same time as Demi. She smiled even more at that. 'Diall!' She mouthed at both of us before walking away.

This is way awkward. We finished eating in silence. "Would you like dessert?" Our waitress asked as she cleared the table. I shook my head and glanced at Demi who shook her head too. "No thanks. We will take the bill though." I said as she walked away.

When the bill was set on the table I went to grab it but stopped when my hand landed on another hand. Demi's. "I can't let you pay. I ate too. Not just you." She said. "Yes but we all know I ate more." I responded. "Yeah, but I want to pay." Demi said. "But the guy always pays on the date." I said without thinking. Oh Shoot. We both went silent. She was frozen and pale and I knew I was too.

"Yeah.. But.. It's.. Well.. Ya know.. You.. I.. Maybe.." She tried speaking but the words wouldn't form. At least she could get some words out. I could tell she get more embarrassed when she stopped but she shouldn't be, It's cute.

*Demi's Pov*

I sounded so stupid! I just.. He called it a date! Oh my gosh. He did. That's.. I.. Ugh! I can't even speak let alone think! That awkward moment when the guy you like calls a hang out a date and you hope he means it but you cant tell him that.. and when.. I mine as well stop now. theres way to many awkward moments here.

Niall took out money, put it with the bill and got up to give it to the waitress. When he got back I stood up. He took my jacket and handed it to me, then put his on.

We walked to the car with our heads down, still silent. He opened the car door for me and I got in. He closed the door and moved to the other side, getting in the drivers seat. He started up the car and we drove.

When we got back to the hotel he walked me to my door. I opened it and thanked him, avoiding eye contact. He walked off down the hall probably to Simon's room, even though all his stuff is in my room. I dropped my purse and ran to my room, grabbing a pen and my song book.

I scribbled down a few sentences that described my feeling that day; 'Every time I try to be myself, It comes out wrong like a cry for help. Never break a sweat for the other guys, but when you come around I get paralyzed. You make me wanna act like a girl (wearing high heels and wear perfume). You make me so nervous.' Maybe I can put it in my song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe she can put it in her song.. 😏 Hmm.. Vote, Comment, Rate, Fan, Keep loving Diall ♡