Chapter 20

Part 3

"Let's sit down this time guys." I encouraged, leading them to the couch. We had just eaten and it was the most awkward thing ever. None of talked. Roc seemed very chilled and not worried, grubbing on his waffles. Prod on the other hand barely ate.

They took a seat on separate couch from mine. My heart melted when I see Roc swing his around Prod's shoulders. "Fuck him bro. It's gonna be aight okay?" When Prod didn't answer, Roc nudged his shoulder. "Okay?" Roc asked again. Prod nodded his head in response, staring down at his lap.

"Okay, can you guys do me a favor?" They both looked up at me.

  "Can you guys please tell me why you think I should choose you?" I asked gently, not wanting to rush anything. This is hardest birthday ever but it's for the best.

My eyes avert over to Roc first, because Prod is clearly not ready to say anything.

"YN," Roc began, but I stopped him.

"No, let Prod go first, he hasn't said a word since this started, Prod?" I turn towards Prod, I need to hear something from him. I need hear his voice. I need something out of him.

Prod looked up from the ground, and looked at me. He took a quick glance at the ring on my finger, that he gave me, then looked up in my eyes again.

"YN, when you moved here almost two years ago, I didn't pay much attention to you. The thing was, we hung out with your sister and stuff, whom I don't like to be honest, and you came over here with the same exact face and everything and I just wasn't feeling you. I didn't give you a chance."

"But then came the surprise hugs from behind whenever I'm standing up or walking; the good morning and good night texts every single day; the cheesy names you call me that I never hear you call anyone else," Prod stares into space ahead of him as speaks his mind, a hint of a smile edging unto his lips.

"You making sure you were the first one to tell me happy birthday 12 o' clock on the dot. You always defending me when I hate; you complimenting me, and reminding how talented and special I am, you know I honestly didn't take you seriously until this certain time when I got to dating that Miranda girl." I cringed at the sound of her name. 

"I noticed clearly how you distanced yourself from me. This particular when I was waiting for that goodnight text even though I never reply, and it didn't come through. My heart sunk yo. I fucking missed you YN and there was no way I was gonna admit that. My pride was killing me."

"But it was that time that I thought you know what, maybe I can't really do without this girl, maybe I should give her a chance. But I was so scared to go with that, that I made these fellas beat me to it. You have no idea how sorry and regretful I am that I didn't take notice of your worth sooner. I am so sorry YN, I truly am."

I suddenly hear Roc let out an exaggerated sigh, leaning into the couch. "Dude just finish already" he mumbled in a low tone.

"I want you to choose me because you've been through some things and you deserve nothing but happiness. I can give you that. Yes I got place burnt down over you but I'm still staying right here for you YN. I want to make up for lost time, and make new memories with you. You're always so happy, and light, and forever laughing at something, teach me that. I want your energy around me. I want you YN. I love you." His voice in a soft whisper as the last words left his lips, his eyes watery with his voice cracking a bit.

"Okay my turn. " Roc interrupted, with the most annoyed look on his face.

"Can I show you something first? Before I say anything?"

"Yeah sure" I was very curious as to what this is. He didn't bring anything with him.

Roc took slow strides towards me. He stops right in front of me, real real close, preventing Prod from seeing what he's showing me. He lifts up his shirt, holding it up way under his chin. What he reveals is unbelievable.

He tattooed my name across his chest. Right over his heart.

I gasped and covered my mouth in shock. "Roc is that real? Oh my God.." 

Roc nods, he's more serious than ever. "Yes, yes it is."

He lets go off his shirt, making it fall back down to his waist then he went down to the ground. On both knees, he hugs unto my right leg tightly. What is he doing?

"YN, I was the first one to tell you how I felt. I was...I love you so much man it's not even funny" He sobbed.

"Roc! Are you crying?" I asked, rubbing his the top of his head where his soft curly hair laid. He nods.

I looked up at Prod, who just stared at me straight in the eyes in pure rage, and jealousy.

What am I supposed to do now?