Fourteen

Dan and Phil grabbed their bags and followed the line of people exiting the plane.

The crash had triggered an inflatable slide to activate which allowed the passengers to slide down onto an open field of dead grass.

"Is it wrong that I'm kind of glad we crashed because now we get to use this awesome bouncy house slide?" Phil asked when it was their turn to go down.

Dan gave him an incredulous look. "Yes, Phil. Yes. Very wrong. We could've died, you know!"

Phil giggled and grabbed Dan's hand. "I know! But just watch how fun this is!"
Phil leaped into the air and slid down, pulling Dan behind him.

"Shhhhi--! Pffft! Phhhiiiiiil!!!" Dan screamed as he tumbled to the ground.

They landed on their butts in the dirt, Phil laughing like a maniac, Dan with his eyes and mouth wide open in a silent scream.

"See?!" Phil said, wrapped Dan up in a hug. "Fun!"

Dan laughed a little, "Okay... I guess that was kind of fun...." He mumbled, hugging Phil back.

"Move along, gentlemen!" A crewman called from the top of the slide.

Dan and Phil picked themselves up, brushed off their jeans, and hurried out of the way.

"So... What do we do now?" Dan asked awkwardly. They were standing in the middle of an empty field, the closest road about half a mile away and the closest populated community even farther.

"I-I guess we walk. At least until we can hail a taxi," Phil suggested.

Dan scowled and cursed under his breath. "So we have to exercise?" He asked in a whiney voice.

Phil laughed and kissed his lips sweetly. "I know, b-- Can I still call you bear?" He interrupted himself.

Dan blushed a bit and nodded.

"Good." Phil smiled. "Don't worry, bear. It'll just be a bit of walking. And we can play games while we walk to distract ourselves! Like... OH! The Seven Second Challenge! That'll be fun, right?"

Dan smiled and leaned in for another kiss. "You've done the impossible, Mr. Howlter," He told him.

"What did I do?"

"You actually made physical exercise sound mildly enjoyable."

Phil laughed and kissed him. "Come on, let's go."

*•*•*•*•*

"Uh... Okay! You have to name seven U.S. states in seven seconds! GO!" Dan challenged.

"Florida, New York, California, Texas... um... uh....."

"Four seconds left..." Dan warned.

Phil started to panic, "New Jersey, um... This is hard!"

"Thee... Two... One... Zer--"

"SOUTH CHICAGO!" Phil blurted out.

Dan hid his face in his hands and laughed his loud, whooping, laugh. "South Chicago?!" He cried out. "Phil! Chicago itself isn't even a state why did you think bloody South Chicago would work?!"

"I don't know!" Phil laughed. "Chicago's a big city, practically a state! And Dakota has a North and South, why can't Chicago be the same?" He protested.

"I don't know, Philly, I honestly don't know why there isn't a North and South Chicago. Why don't you phone Obama and ask him?"

"I think Obama and I would be good together," Phil suddenly made known.