Eleven

Surprisingly, Dan didn't explode.
Instead, he started crying. Acid tears streamed down his already stained cheeks. He was breaking down.
"Manchester," He managed to get out, "My baby is in Manchester,"

"Hey, hey, it's okay," Phil hugged him tight. "Manchester isn't that far away, remember? We can get a quick flight and be there in no more than an hour, maybe an hour and a half."

Dan wiped his eyes with his sleeve. "Okay," He murmured, "Thank you, kitten,"

It didn't take long to get the airline tickets (thank God for iPhones) and soon enough, Dan and Phil were off on what would turn out to be both their worst and greatest adventure.

They decided it'd be best to run to a bank before hailing a cab, as they had used up all their pocket money on the ride downtown.

Phil typed their code into one of the ATMs along the outside wall and collected one hundred and fifty pounds from the account.

"That's quite a lot of money," Dan noted. "Do we really need that much?"

"You'd be surprised how little you can do with anything less than a hundred. We need to be sure we have enough cash for travel and food. If we get a chance to stop for a quick bite, we best take it."

Dan nodded and follow Phil out of the building, not wanting to waste anymore time.

They spent no more than five pounds on the drive to the airport, as it was just two or three miles away.

They scurried up the escalators (Dan got his hoodie sleeve stuck for a half a second. Much panic. Many strange stares for random strangers.) and through security check all the way to their gate.

Wheezing a bit from the mild exercise they'd just endured, Dan and Phil melted into the chairs provided.

"Do you want coffee?" Phil offered, taking Dan's hand in his.

"Yeah," He smiled at his husband. "But I'll get it. It's good for me to keep my mind busy, right now. I don't want to over think everything and start freaking out again," He tried to laugh at himself, but it turned out weak and just plain sad.

Phil frown and the tip of his tongue poked out of the side of his mouth. He didn't want to leave Dan's side during these trying times. He had promised to spend every second of the rest of his life with him. But if Dan felt that alone time was what he needed, then Phil would give him some space.

"Okay," He said, faking indifference, "Could you get me a tall black and a raspberry scone?"

Dan gasped dramatically and pretended to be deeply offended. "Philip! I thought me being a tall white was fine with you, but if you'd prefer someone darker than I guess I better just--"

Phil rolled his eyes "Shut up, you big dork,"

"Fine, fine, I'll get going," Dan smiled and stood from his seat. "So just to be clear, you want an extra grande coconut latte with a splash of whiskey and a German muffin? Correct?"

Phil face palmed and laughed. "You're such an idiot."

"I may be an idiot but I'm your idiot," Dan said smugly, "foreverrrrr" He added, pointing to his silver wedding ring.

Phil laughed more, then managed to ask, "And what in the world is a German muffin anyway?"

Dan shrugged and smiled mischievously. "I dunno. Guess you'll find out."

Dan walked over to the tiny Starbucks stand in the little food court area. Luckily, there was barely any line and he could order right away.
He got two tall black coffees and a raspberry scone (hopefully Phil would let him have a bite or two) and started to walk back, but something caught his eye.