david TENnant (im sorry i'll leave)

"You what?!" Phil's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"Remember when I was kind of a man-whore? Yeah, well, one night I must've not used strong enough protection because... well... apparently a girl named Linsey is pregnant and all the tests say I'm the father." Dan explained while hastily pulling on his clothes. "She's going into labour right now (God knows why they decided to take so long to tell me) but I have to be there for this, Phil, I just have to. If I'm not... I don't even... I don't even know what would happen... I just have to be there, Phil, please."

"O-of course. This is just a lot to process. But of course. You have to be there as soon as possible. What hospital is she at?" Phil's head was spinning; A baby?! Dan's baby?! I guess he should've known this might happen but it was still hard to believe. Dan was having a baby. An actual human baby. With someone else. What would this mean for his relationship with Phil?

"On the phone, Linsey's mom said they were at The Memorial Hospital, that's downtown, right?" Dan grabbed his keys and a coat.

"Yeah... I think...." Phil tried to remember where that hospital was. He thought it was downtown.... He was like... 99.9% sure it was downtown... Okay, maybe 50% sure.
Nevertheless, he slipped on his jacket and raced out of the apartment right behind Dan.

Only once they had gotten underground did they realize they'd forgotten their Oyster Cards (and wallets) at home.
"Shit!" Dan cursed, "Shitty shit shit! Motherfucking shit!"

Phil grabbed both of his hands in his own, trying to calm him down. "Dan, shhh, Dan, please -- pretty please -- just shut your face up, right now. I love you, but people are staring at us like we are psychopaths , honey."

"NO!" Dan ripped his hands away from Phil. "NO! NO! NO! IM GOING TO MISS MY CHILD'S BIRTH BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE ANY FUCKING MONEY FOR FUCKING TRANSPORT!" Hot tears began to stream down his flushed cheeks. "I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS, PHIL!!! I DONT THINK YOU GET IT!"

"Dan, please, just calm down. I do get it. I really, honestly and truly, do understand. And I think I have a way I can help--"

"HOW CAN YOU HELP?! YOU LEFT YOUR WALLET AT HOME JUST LIKE I DID! WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY DO THAT WOULD HELP RIGHT NOW?!" Dan fumed.

"Well, I have enough cash in my jeans for a cab fare." Phil said, remaining completely calm. He knew Dan didn't mean to yell at him so much, he was just stressed. There was so much on his plate right now, it was impossible for him to be able to keep himself all together.

Dan's rage immediately melted into guilt. "I-I'm sorry Phil, I really am...." He said shamefully, "I'm just freaking out. I don't even know what name the mom has picked out for the kid. Hell! I don't even know what gender it's gonna be!"

"Hey, hey," Phil said, gently cupping Dan's cheeks in his warm hands. "Like I said, I get it. Now, come on, let's get you to that hospital, baby daddy," He tried to sound light-hearted and maybe a bit funny; this probably wasn't a good time for that.

The cab ride took a while as traffic was horrible. By the time they arrived, it was almost a full two hours since the call.

"It's okay," Phil tried to smile reassuringly as Dan flung open the car door. "Women can be in labour for over thirty-two hours, sometimes."

They ran up the concrete steps and through the glass front doors. Crossed the extended lobby (which was decorated black and white and smelled strongly of disinfectant) to the information desk that ran along the back wall.

Another two glass doors were stationed guarding the left ad right corridors on either side of the desk.
Phil's curiosity caused him to peer through the glass.
Down the left hallway, he could see an old man sitting up a stretcher, wheezing painfully and clutching his chest. Two nurses in blue scrubs were wheeling him into a small room.
Phil could only handle a quick glance down the right side as there was small boy lying limp in a wheel chair. A blood-soaked bandage was wrapped around his head. A doctor and a tall woman who was crying hysterically (she must've been his mum) were leading him into a room.

Phil's stomach lurched. He really wished he hadn't seen that.

All the meanwhile, Dan was talking to the receptionist, trying to find out what room Linsey was in. He seemed to be having some trouble....

"Linsey Glassman," Dan over-pronounced. He looked frustrated. "Look, look, I know she's here! I was just on the phone with her mother and she told me Linsey was in labour at The Memorial Hospital!"

The woman behind the desk let out an exasperated sigh and rested her head in her hands. "I'm sorry, Mr. Howlter, but I told you already: There. is. no. Linsey. Glassman. at. this. hospital."

Dan started to get mad again. "Listen, lady," He growled, "I'm going to miss the birth of my child if I don't get to that room in time! Now just tELL ME WHAT FU--"

Phil had to cover Dan's mouth with his hand and hold him back so that he wouldn't do anything he'd regret. "Shhh... Dan, please calm down. We'll figure this out," Phil soothed.
"Excuse me -- Janice, is it? --" Phil asked politely, reading the receptionist's name tag. "My husband here really, really, really needs to be there for his baby. Is there anything you can do to help us?"

The woman lightened up a bit and nodded. "I would love to help you two, but," She smiled sadly, "there simply is not anyone named Linsey Glassman here."

Dan's heart fell in his chest.

"Oh!" The woman suddenly perked up, "But there is another Memorial Hospital you could check!"

Dan smiled hopefully. "Really?!"

"Yes. Really." She confirmed, but then bit her lip and frowned. "But... it's in Manchester...."

(A/N) Do you think Dan's baby will be a boy or a girl? Comment what you think! :)
-Mel