Thirteen (because 12 is my unlucky #)

(A/N) I'm skipping chapter 12 and going straight to 13 because in my mind 12 is the worst number in the world. I'm sorry but it just is.
I have a lot of pent up anger about the number 12.
The number 12 once killed my family.
-Mel

"Attention passengers!" The pilot's voice rang over the loud speaker. "It appears the plane is having some... um... problems...."

"NO SHIT, SHERLOCK!" Dan shouted, white-knuckle-gripping his seat with one hand and holding tight to Phil's arm with the other.

"We think it is very possible to safely land in a small field near by. Everyone please buckle your seat belts and remain calm."

Phil looked over to see Dan clinging to his arm, his eyes squeezed shut.
"Shhhh..." He soothed shakily, "I-it's going to be okay. Just breathe. Everything's going to be okay." He ran his hand through Dan's hair, ruffling his fringe.

"Mmm... That feels good, please keep doing that, Phil,"

A small smile played on Phil's lips. He continued to play with Dan's chocolatey brown hair (which had began to curl at the ends).
Running his fingers through his soft waves seemed to be helping Phil just as much as it was Dan.

"I love you, bear," Phil whispered.

Dan was shakily pretty badly. He was probably scared out of his mind; I mean, they we falling out of the sky in a a giant metal coffin!

Phil knew he was definitely freaking out. But he had to stay strong. For Dan. If Phil started to crack, he knew Dan would to and Dan needed to stay strong for his baby. Well, maybe strong was a stretch. Dan needed to stay sane for his baby.

Phil risked a glance out the window and saw his whole world crashing down around him. Literally.

Okay. It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay. He told himself.
Deep breaths.... In... and out.... Inhale... Exhale....

Just thinking about the possibility that they might crash -- that they might die -- was too much for Phil.

He decided to divert his attention to Dan instead.
He couldn't worry like this right now. He had to be there for Dan. He had to be Dan's rock.

"I love you so so so much, bear. We are going to get through this. We're going to be fine."
Even though Dan didn't reply, Phil still knew he heard him. And he knew Dan was there for him, too.

"Passengers!" The loud speakers blared, "I am about to attempt a landing! Hopefully it'll go well, and, uh, we can all leave here nice and safe!"

Phil forced a calming smile, "See, Dan? We're going to be perfectly fine,"

"...hopefully...." The pilot added quietly.

Dan's head shot up. "WELL THAT'S BLOODY REASSURING!" He raged.

"Dan, please calm down," Phil told him kindly but firmly. "Getting angry won't help."

"THEN WHAT WILL, PHIL?!" Dan cried out, "I JUST WANT TO BE THERE FOR MY CHILD AND INSTEAD IM GOING TO DIE HERE ON THIS PLANE WITH YOU!"

Phil's heart sank and tears formed in the corner's his eyes. "I'm sorry, bear, I'm just trying to help. I--"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! DONT TRY TO HELP! DONT CALL ME 'BEAR!' JUST DONT DO ANYTHING!"

"You don't mean that," Phil mumbled quietly, "Be-- I mean, Dan, you're just stressed and tired and you don't know what you're talking about."

Dan opened his mouth to retort something back (Probably something nasty. Definitely something Phil didn't want to hear.) but was interrupted by the plane suddenly pulling up.

Unprepared for the sudden change in motion, their heads slammed into the seats in from of them.
That ended their argument fast.

Phil let himself steal a glance out the window, semi afraid of what he might see.
Turns out, he had no reason to be scared. They were no longer falling, but gliding bumpily through the air, only a few yards off the ground.

"I told you," Phil smiled smugly, "I knew we were going to survive!"

"No you didn't!" Dan protested, "I saw how scared you were! You thought we were going to die just as much as I did!"

Phil's smugness shifted into embarrassment, but he still maintained a small smile. "Ack! Who cares about any of that now! All that really matters is that both of our heads are attached to our bodies and now we can get you to your kid in no time!"

"Yaaay!" Dan smiled.

"Attention!" The pilot's voice buzzed, "We have landed safely in the town of Stockport which is not that far from Manchester. Each passenger will be given a free train ticket to take you to your final destination. We are sorry for the inconvenience and the scare but we hope this wont tarnish your view of Airtanker Airlines!"

"WE'RE NEVER FLYING THIS FUCKING AIRLINE EVER AGAIN!" Dan shouted from his seat.

"Okey Dokey, then!" The speaker spoke again. Apparently the pilot had heard him.

(A/N) If any of you are looking for some really good non-fanfiction thing to read, my co-owner has written some short stories titled Kristina's Pen (I think) that I highly recommend!
They are incredibly well written and thought provoking! Lorna is an amazing writer and has even won an award (and money!!!) for some writing of her's!
Sorry! I just love bragging about my beautifully talented bestie! :)
Seriously though! Check out her stuff! You won't regret it!!!
-Mel