Seven

"So... do you want breakfast?" Phil asked nervously, shuffling his feet. "We have cereal." Does this count as flirting?

"Eh," Dan bit his lip, "Cereal's fine. But you know what would be really good?" He let himself smile, "Pancakes."

Phil smiled with him, "Delia Smith pancakes?"

"DELIA SMITH PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dan howled. (A/N I'm sorry I'll let myself out)

"Should we make a video of it?" Phil asked.

Dan shot him a kind of are-you-fracking-kidding-me? look and gestured to his messy mat of hair. "I don't think I have enough energy to get myself camera ready," He explained, "And some things are meant to be experienced just for fun and not for a video.
He smiled softly and fondly at Phil.

"That was very philosophical," Phil noted, smiling back at him.

Dan moaned, "I do that too much, don't I? Just burp random deep quotes out of my big mouth about a billion times a day."

"I think it's cute!" Phil said, the tip of his tongue poking out of the side of his mouth.

Dan smiled at Phil again.
Then at the floor.
Then back at Phil.

"Hey, um, have you ever noticed how much, er, how much fanfiction there is about... about us?" He asked carefully.

Phil smiled back at him and leaned against the unlit stove. "Yeah, I'm aware,"
He couldn't stop smiling.

Maybe he wouldn't have to flirt at all. Maybe Dan was going to do all of that for him.
And a lot sooner than expected.

"Um... yeah, well, it's kind of... kind of crazy how many people want us to get together, right? Thousands of people write these stories and millions read them. It's unbelievable, really. If you think about it." Dan stuttered, a small blush making its way to his cheeks.

"Yeah," Phil nodded, blushing along with him. "I honestlly still can't understand how we got so many people to watch our videos. I never could've imagined that people would actually write stories about us." He laughed a little.
This life truly was unbelievable.

"You don't think it makes our friendship a little uncomfortable?" Dan questioned.

"No," Phil replied, attempting (and probably failing) to look nonchalant. "Do you think it makes our friendship uncomfortable?"

Dan didn't answer.

So Phil didn't stop talking.

"Because if you feel like the tension between us is too much, maybe we should just kiss?" Phil offered, still trying to act cool about it but mentally screaming.

Dan seemed shocked for a moment but quickly shook it off.

"Um, kiss?"
His face was bright red.
"L-like a real kiss?"

Phil couldn't help thinking how cute and innocence Dan seemed right then.

"Yeah. A real kiss," He laughed a little. "Just so we can both be sure that we are completely straight."

Dan wipe the dumbfounded look off his face and managed to nod in agreement.

He had forgotten how to words.

Slowly, Phil started to lean in, a million different thoughts buzzing in his head: Shut up, brain!

Slowly, Dan started to lean in, only one thought dared to enter his
mind: It's finally happening!!!

Their lips touched, ever so lightly. Phil started to kiss and Dan kissed back.
Before Phil could get up the courage to put his arms around Dan, he pulled away.

"Hey, Phil?" Dan breathed, "I don't think I'm straight."

"That's okay." Phil giggled a little, leaning his forehead against Dan's. "You're just Phansexual."

Memories from last night's drunken confession session suddenly came rushing back to Dan.

"Oh my God!" He exclaimed, pushing himself away from Phil. "Oh my fucking God! I told you that! Last night! I said 'I'm not gay, but I'm not straight. I must be Phansexual,' or something stupid like that! Oh my God, oh my God, what the actual fuck did I do?!" Dan agonized.

"You didn't do anything!" Phil tried to calm him down, "Or... at least not anything bad...."

Dan bit his lip and looked down at his bare feet, clearly feeling ashamed.

"Dan?" Phil said softly, "Dan?"

Dan looked up at him with a sad smile, "I'm sorry I made everything uncomfortable...."

Phil laughed, "Dan! It's okay! I'm gay!" He said merrily.

"You-- You're what?!" Dan beamed.

"I'm gay!" Phil said excitedly. "I wanted to tell you but you always had girls over and I thought... well... honestly I thought you might be disgusted by me...."

"Disgusted by you?! Phil! Are you insane! I love you no matter what!"
Dan smiled weakly, "And... um... I'm guessing because you know about the whole Phansexual thing you also know that I... uh... that I like you...?"

Dan was nervous. Phil could tell.
Was this a good time to mess with him a little? Probably not. Oh whale.

"Yeah, yeah I know," Phil tried to suppress a wild grin. "And I have but one thing to say to you," Deep breath for dramatic effect. "Daniel, I--" He cut himself off by leaning in and stealing a kiss.
Dan grabbed his shoulders and held him in the kiss for a few seconds.

"Hey, guess what?" Phil smirked when they finally pulled apart.

"What?" Dan asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"I love you."

"I love you, too, kitten,"

(A/N) Short but v v emotional chappie! Yay!
-Mel \(*3*)/