One

Dan and Phil were best friends.
They shared a flat together, made YouTube videos together, and spent almost all their time together.

They were practically inseparable and one without the other just seemed unnatural.

That's why things got a little complicated once Phil realized he'd started falling for Dan.
Yes, in that way.

It didn't happen fast. For years they were just friends. Best friends, yes, but not in anyway romantic. Because of their YouTube channels, they had millions of fans that shipped them together and maybe that had influenced Phil into having feelings for Dan....

Whatever, it didn't matter. Dan was straight.

For a while, Phil thought maybe Dan could be gay, but that theory was quickly discarded once he started bringing random girls home every other night.

This was extremely unlike Dan. He usually never went out to clubs or got drunk, but about one month ago that became the new normal for him.

Phil would be in his room, scrolling through tumblr or reading comments, late at night when he would get interrupted by the sound of Dan and some random slut he'd picked up at a pub clambered through the front door, drunk as hell.

The first time it happened, Phil put on headphones and tried to ignore it, but he just couldn't stop thinking about what disgusting things Dan was doing in the next room with a complete stranger. For all he knew, she could be a murderer!

Ever since then, whenever Phil heard Dan coming home with "special company" he would quickly pack up his laptop and head over to Chris's flat.

He had to do that again tonight.

Click!

Phil was lounging comfortably in the living room when he heard the door unlock.

Dammit He thought sadly. He was really hoping to get to spend the night in his own bed instead of in a crappy sleeping bag on Chris's floor.
Maybe he's alone tonight...? Phil hoped.

"Daaaaannn!!!! You're so naughty!" An irritatingly perky voice ripped through the air.

No such luck, Lester.

Dan and a stick-thin, blonde haired woman with a pound of make up on her face walked into the apartment, giggling drunkenly.

They continued to flirt, laughing and kissing, slowly making their way to Dan's room.

The girl was already unbuttoning Dan's shirt when he finally realized Phil was right there.

"Ohhhh! Hey-llo Filly!" Dan slurred, "This is--this is me friend... erm... waz ur name again?"

Phil didn't wait to find out what her name was, just closed his laptop, slipped on his shoes, grabbed his coat, and left without a word.

He plugged his headphone into his phone and blasted music in his ears, hoping that it would drown out the thoughts of what Dan was doing.

Phil walked down the many flights of stairs down to the street and hailed a cab.

"Take me here," He told the driver, handing him a piece of paper with Chris's address scribbled on it. The man at the wheel nodded and started up the car.

Phil knocked nervously on Chris's apartment door. This was the fourth time in a row Phil had come to stay with him for the night, was he being too annoying?
Fortunately, Chris didn't find Phil annoying at all and let him right in.

"Another girl?" He asked sadly.
Phil nodded slightly, trying not to let himself cry. Chris was the only one who knew he liked Dan.

"How long has Dan been acting like this, again? A month has it been?"
Phil nodded again, "He's changed," he mumbled sadly.

Chris wrapped him up in a big hug, trying his best to comfort him.
"Do you need ice cream, man?"
"It wouldn't hurt," He replied softly.
"And maybe a film?"
"I wouldn't complain," Phil managed a small smile.
Chris always knew how to cheer him up.

A few minutes later, they were sprawled out on the sofa, wrapped in bundles of blankets, a big bowl of popcorn in between them and each holding their own bowl of ice cream. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was playing on the flat screen.

"Why do you think he's doing it?" Chris asked suddenly.

"Quirrel?" Phil responded, "I don't know, the Dark Lord is using him and--"

"No! Not Quirrel, you numpty! I mean Dan! Why do you think he's acting up like this?"

Phil sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I-I honestly don't know.... He didn't have a girlfriend for like four years and didn't seem to mind until one day BOOM! He's "mister sex machine." He just brings home any girl he can find. Sometimes he doesn't even know their name!"

Chris looked sadly down at his ice cream bowl. "But there's got to be some kind of explanation for this! I mean, this just isn't Dan! He isn't supposed to be like this!" Chris huffed, Phil couldn't tell if he was angry or sad, probably both.

Phil had been struggling with this question for a while, he needed to ask it, "Do you think I'll have to ask him to move out?" He held his breath, waiting for an answer, not really sure what he was hoping for. He didn't want Dan to leave, he was his best friend. But at the same time, Dan was getting to be a pretty bad best friend lately.
He barely even spoke to Phil anymore.

"You might have to," Chris said glumly, "I'm sorry, I really am, Phil. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. If PJ did something like this to me... I don't even know what I'd do...."

Chris continued to talk for a while longer, trying to reassure Phil by telling him it might be only a phase or saying that maybe Dan was just trying to be more adventurous or something. Phil stopped listening. He didn't want an explanation for why Dan was acting this way.

He just wanted his best friend back.

(A/N) Hi! My name is Mel and this is the first chapter of my very first Phanfiction!!! Yaaaaaay! >•< >•<
I'm so excited to write this! I have so many good ideas! :)
Tell me what you think of Chapter One in the comments! I love feedback! (Even if its negative)
Just a heads up: I live in California (USA) so I don't know a lot of British words/slang so please don't kill me if I get stuff wrong! Sorry in advance <3
-Mel