Chapter 9

Clare's POV

I walked threw the woods, with a arrow ready. I walked slow, till ir eached a small opening, with a large male deer eating grass in the middle.

I crouched down as his ears perked up. He looked around as I flipped into a tree for a better aime.

Once I got settled on a branch, I pulled back my arrow and lined it up with the deers neck. I steadied my grip and let go of the arrow.

It shot quick and swift threw the air, hitting the deer straight in the neck. The deer closed its eyes, and fell to the ground.

I jumped off the tree and walked over to the deer.

"Bless your soul" I said as I pulled the arrow out of the deers neck and put it back in the case with the others.

I picked the deer, up and headed back to the others. I didn't go really far, so I don't think anything happened woth out me hearing.

Moments later

I finally reached the others to see Kitty playing in the dirt and Ghost laying down with something in her mouth.

I blinked a couple of times, till I finally realised what it was. I dropped the deer and looked at Ghost.

"What the hell is that out!?" I shouted and asked taking it from Ghost.

"Kitty got hungry, went threw oneof the bags and pulled it out. I took it from her and was gonna wait till you got back to put it up." Ghost exsplained in my head.

"Kitty!" I said glaring at her.

She looked at me then frowned.

"Sorry, but what is it?" She asked.

"Its nothing." I said, picking the deer up and putting in the middle of our little camp area.

"That reaction didn't seem like nothing. Tell me!" Kitty demanded.

"Spoken like a real queen." I said looking at her with a smile.

"Tell me!" She demanded again.

"Its a staff, its what hold all my powers. It stores the extra power my body can't hold. " I anwsered.

"Okay, why did you freak out when you saw it?" Kitty asked.

"If it brakes, I could kill me, I have to bring it with me every where so when I get weak, I can recharge. I freaked out cause I try to keep it hidden so I don't die." I anwsered.

"Oh, sorry. Anyways..... I'm not eating that." Kitty said pointing to the deer.

"Then I guess your gonna die, by the time we reach your kingdom. Deer is one of the main foods on our planets. We aren't like Earth and have devices or fancy foods." I laughed.

"I'm gonna have to get used to that, aren't I." Kitty said.

"Yep" I anwsered.

#Would you eat deer?