High school

Tyler's POV:

I shake in my sheets hoping when I check the time on my phone Summer won't be over. Alas its Monday, the first day of high school. Needless to say, I'm not excited. I've switched schools so many times previously, I'm hoping that doesn't have to happen going into this high school but with my luck it's inevitable. I just hope the kids aren't as harsh..

I roll over after checking the time and ponder falling back to sleep when my brother, Zack, pounds on the door and says "time to wake up asshat. Can't be late for your first day of highhh schoooool" singing the last part to taunt me.

I sit up in bed and pull off my blanket putting on the clothing I had set aside for the first day, a soft black and blue floral tee, black skinny jeans and black high tops. I swung my back pack over my shoulder, walking downstairs to grab some toast and began walking to school.

As I approached the doors of the school I realized I was about 20 minutes early, so the doors to the school hadn't even opened yet. I walked fast and my mom told me she couldn't drive me to school anymore because of her new schedule at work so I have to get myself to school from now on, though I begged to her to just take me on the first day because I was so scared.. But it's not like I could tell her I had major anxiety.

I sat myself on the steps in front of the school doors. There was only a few other kids there waiting as well, but they were all older and standing with they're friends so I was the only one by myself. I have no friends.. I never stayed at a school long enough to make any.. Not like I really want them anyway, I'd just bring them down and they'd leave me after they realized how broken I am.

A few guys walk by me and I immediately tense up as they snarl at me muttering 'fag' and other slurs around my appearance. I throw on a hoodie to cover up my floral shirt, did I really think people wouldn't make fun of me for it? Wow I'm stupid..

Finally the bell rings and I stumble around looking for homeroom and immediately walk in and sit towards the back. I thought I was the first in the room until I realize there's an older kid sitting in the back corner. He has bright red hair and a nose ring.. He intrigues me. At first I thought he was asleep until he turned and looked straight at me. I stop breathing momentarily realizing I had been staring and turn my head the other direction burying my head in my arms on the desktop out of embarrassment. I hear a small creak in the floorboard and turn my head slightly expecting to see the teacher but there's the bright haired boy standing over me smirking a bit. I twitched when I saw him and he chuckled a bit sitting himself in the desk beside me and extending out a hand.

"Hey. I'm Josh." He says with a smile, waiting politely for a response. "T-Tyler" I say a bit stunned, slightly relaxing a bit when we shake hands. His handshake was firm and his hands were.. Really soft.

By this point everyone begins to pile in the room, I look away and Josh is gone from his spot next to me, he looked quite a bit older than myself so I have to wonder if maybe he was just waiting in here till his classes began.The teacher writes her name on the board, restating it and introducing herself.

After 3 class changes and several introductions of both the teachers and the students, it's finally lunch time and I go sit outside and wander around for a few minutes pondering where to sit that wasn't a death wish. I found a vacant table slightly hidden behind a wall and sat down where I couldn't be seen.

I finished about half of my lunch before those guys from this morning walked into the space laughing about the new kid they just roughed up. They saw me sitting there and I could just see in they're gloriously disgusting eyes that I was destined to be they're next punching bag.. As I had been at the 6+ other schools I'd been to. The biggest guy grabbed me by my shirt collar and dragged me into the corner just staring at me for a moment before kneeing me in the stomach. After a few sharp kicks in the side, about 3 from each of the guys, they decided I was no longer fun to abuse for the time being and left me in my misery. I sat there for a few minutes until the bell rang, writhing in pain. I'm used to it now, it still hurt, but there's been worse beatings..