chapter 29

Stiles wasn't just angry with Lydia's disappearance, he was furious. He went to the Argent's estate to see if Lydia was there and Allison's mother told him that Lydia never showed up. It was clear that Lydia was captured by the French men and Stiles was not happy.

"I left you in charge! I left your whole army here and the guards!" Stiles yelled at Derek in the political meeting room, "Not one of them managed to save her!"

"I know, and I am deeply sorry. I truly regret what happened and I understand if you want to send me back to  my uncle's estate." Derek apologized. Every word that Derek said was true, he regretted that he wasn't able to save the Queen.

"No, I am not doing that. You're still needed here in my castle and you are my friend. Do not mistake my anger for hate." Stiles said as he sat down in one of the chairs, "I just need to find her."

The wooden doors to the political meeting room bursted open. Lydia's father walked in and set a delivered box on top of the table in front of Stiles. "Open it."

Stiles took the box and peeled the tape off. There was a note inside and Stiles read it.

Bonjour, King!

We have your wife, also known as Queen Lydia Martin with us.

Don't believe me? Well, here's the proof.

Come and find her before it's too late.

We want you to bring as much money as you have in that castle of yours.

Stiles picked the note up and underneath it was Lydia's wedding and coronation ring. "She was captured and now she's being held hostage!" He then sighed with disgust. There was no way the French men would get any money.

"As of right now, the French men have committed one of the highest acts of treason. Your wife, our Queen, is being held hostage and not one, but two countries are having a panic because she has gone missing. We need to find her."

"Stiles, I will set off by myself right now to find Lydia if that is what it will take to earn back your trust." Derek said and Stiles shook his head.

"No, the man who wrote this note said 'us' so there are multiple people. Who knows what weapons they have and how many people are there. Derek, I'll need you and your army to help me find her. I'll also need Allison. Does anyone know where she is?" Stiles questioned.

"She's been in the infirmary with Isaac ever since he came back." Derek spoke in a soft voice. Stiles made his way through to the castle and to in the infirmary. Sure enough, Allison was sitting in a chair and leaning over. Her elbows were resting on her legs and her hands covered her face.

"Allison?" Stiles asked.

She looked behind her and sighed, "Stiles, right now isn't a good time."

"Lydia has been captured."

Allison stood up, "She's suppose to be at my family estate."

"She never made it there. French man must've got to the carriage before she could make it there."

"Do you know where she is?"

"No."

"Then why aren't you looking for her!" Allison exclaimed. She felt overwhelmed. Her best friend was captured and missing and her boyfriend was laying in an infirmary unconscious and possibly dying.

"Because I need your help."

"What could I possibly help you with now?"

Stiles shrugged, "I heard that you're good with a bow and arrow."

~-~-

Stiles sat in the political meeting room with Allison and Derek. A map of America was laid out on the table across from them. "The men couldn't have gone very far. Winter is coming and it's cold, so they would've traveled somewhere that couldn't be far from here."

"But far enough to cause a confusion." Allison said as she looked at the map, "We're surrounded by two forests that have two different paths. Lydia was suppose to go to the path on the right because it would lead to my family estate but her carriage was obviously hijacked. These French men couldn't be in this side of the forest because they know it would be too easy for us to find them and they have to be smart since they planned out this attack. My best guess is that they probably went on the second path. The forest is larger and more confusing on that side. They're probably somewhere in the middle of the forest that's deep enough so you can't find them. But there are tons of cabins in that side of the forest so they would probably be hiding out there."

"How are we so sure that Lydia and the men are there? They could be in another part of the country." Derek said.

"Because the attack happened two days ago. Like Stiles said, winter is coming. Even if they still are traveling then they can't be too far away from here because it's getting colder and at night they'll need places to stop and rest. Plus, journeying into the forest and out the other side takes at least five days. That's why no one goes through the forest because going through to front gates guarantees a shorter trip." Allison explained.

"How do you know all this?" Derek questioned

"My father is Chris Argent." Allison replied and Derek nodded. He knew the reputation Chris Argent had for being one of the best soldiers in the world and leading one of the best armies that were made up of the best soldiers.

"This is what we do." Stiles announced, "We search this part of the forest and we look inside all and any cabins that we find. If we find the French men in the cabins then we're approach quietly. There will be men waiting outside so some of our army will attack from the back and some attack from the front. Allison, I'll need you to hide in the bushes and shoot any French men you can see. When the French men see that I am there, they will want to hurt me. Derek, you and I will go into the cabin. You get Lydia out there as fast as possible and deliver her to the carriage. Do not worry about me. Tell your soldiers that they can kill as many French men as they want and once they are defeated, we take the left overs as prisoners. Are we clear?"

Derek and Allison nodded in response.

"Good." Stiles said, "We leave in no more than ten minutes."

-----------

And the rescue is being planned and in action! I'm excited to write how it will play out.

So I published a new fanfiction! It's a Liam Dunbar one and it's called 'Nine Lives' so go check that out and tell me what you think!

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.