chapter 19

Lydia and Jackson heard Jackson's room door slam. They both turned their heads and Lydia whispered Stiles name. He saw them.

"It's not a big deal." Jackson said, brushing it off and Lydia pulled away.

"Yes, it is a big deal. What if Stiles saw? He probably feels awful. But Jackson, what if it isn't Stiles? What if someone else saw. God, I knew this was wrong. We can't continue this."

"So what? Stiles is cheating on you." Jackson shrugged and try to pull Lydia back to him but she rolled her eyes and took a few steps back.

"It doesn't matter if he's cheating on me! That doesn't give me a right to cheat on him! Don't you realize that if someone even finds out about this then I could lose everything. You could lose everything!"

"Why do I have a feeling that this is also about Stiles and your foolish love for him?" Jackson questioned.

"Because it is." Lydia replied, "I love Stiles and I always will. You can't change that. I'm sorry Jackson, but this is a huge mistake."

She turned on her heel and walked out of Jackson's room. She slammed his room door shut and ran back up to her room. Lydia hated herself. She couldn't believe that she even cheated on Stiles. Even if it was only an affair that lasted a week and a half, it was still wrong. Maybe it wasn't as bad as the Stiles affair with Malia, but it was still wrong.

~-~-

Lydia got woken up early the next day. Apparently there was news and she had to go to the political meeting room as soon as possible. She rushed out of bed to get changed then made her way to the meeting room. She saw her father and Stiles father sitting down and she sat next to her father. "What is it?"

"The Princess of France left the castle a few hours ago. She's on her way back to France right now." Her father informed and Lydia breathed a sigh of relief before soon realizing the worse news.

"Stiles, is he-"

"He's here." The King of Great Britain. "He hasn't left for France."

"Really?" Lydia asked and stood up, "He hasn't left with Malia?"

"No, I believe he's having breakfast right now. You should go see him." Lydia's father said. Lydia felt a smile grow on her face and began to walk to the dining area. Sure enough, she saw Stiles sitting down and eating breakfast. He was having a conversation with Isaac, but then Isaac got up from the table to leave to go talk to Allison. Lydia walked towards Stiles and sat across from him. "You're here."

Stiles nodded, "Indeed."

"What about Malia?"

"I don't know why you should care." Stiles shrugged, "Malia and I's relationship doesn't have anything to do with you nor does it concern you."

Lydia was at a loss for words. She couldn't believe how unbelievably rude Stiles was to her. It felt like she could barely recognize him anymore.

"I should probably go. This was a, uh, interesting chat." Stiles abruptly dismissed himself and walked away, leaving Lydia alone. She turned to look at him then looked over at Allison, who gave her a sympathetic look and stopped her conversation with Isaac to walk over to Lydia.

"Is it just me or does it feel like Stiles is becoming more of an ass every single day?" Allison questioned.

Lydia laughed, "It's not just you."

"Come on, Lydia. Sit with Isaac and I, it'll be fun. I know how much you two enjoy each others company!" Allison suggested and Lydia nodded.

"At least let me get breakfast first."

"No, Isaac and I got way too much food. You can just have some of ours." Allison replied as Lydia sat down across from the two.

"Lydia! Well, it's just my favorite person!" Isaac exclaimed and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"It's good seeing you too, Isaac."

"Wow, you guys are practically best friends. Lydia, am I being replaced?" Allison questioned.

"Never." Lydia shook her head and smiled.

She enjoyed spending time with Allison and Isaac. Even if Isaac could make situations worse or always seemed to run into Lydia at the worst possible timing, she still thought he was a funny and good person. And Allison had always been Lydia's best friend so she always managed to make Lydia happy.

Lydia didn't need Jackson to help her take her mind off of Stiles or make her happy, she had friends that could make her just as happy.

~-~-

The day slowly passed on. Lydia saw Stiles a few times throughout the day but ignored him. He was one of the last people that she wanted to talk to. With Malia gone, the castle became oddly quiet and calm. But that was a good thing because the castle could finally be at peace and have sometime to actually breathe and get settled down in case anything bad happens in the near future.

When night was finally falling, Lydia got summoned into Stiles chambers. She got a confused look on her face but walked into his room. No one was there. The room was almost empty. The only thing left was his bed, tables, a bookshelf, and paintings. Everything was just gone. And Lydia knew that Stiles left. Lydia knew that Stiles left for France.

She looked at his bed and saw something on there. Lydia sat on his bed and wanted to cry. The room smelt like him. Lydia recognized the object on his bed as her and Stiles wedding ring. They were attached together. The two wedding rings were lying on top of a small piece of paper.

Lydia carefully took the rings off and read the piece of paper. Written on it, with Stiles messy but somehow neat handwriting, had a simple sentence. It tore Lydia's heart right out of her chest. Stiles wrote on the paper the exact words saying 'I Loved You Once'.

That sentence was enough to make Lydia break down crying. She felt the pit in her stomach form, tears stream down her face, and she could barely keep herself together. It was official. Stiles was gone. She would never see him again. Stiles left for France to be with Malia.

------------------------------

And that happened. So, what did you guys think?

I am also on summer vacation now and that means there may or may not be another story published. I'm traveling a few times throughout the summer, so there will probably be one week (in July) with no updates since I'll be touring Europe and the UK.

Thank you all so much for reading!