chapter 26

"I look like a fool!" Lydia exclaimed as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her coronation dress was a complete wreck and Allison just stood behind her laughing. "Allison! This is not a laughing matter!"

"Oh, but it is." Allison said as she stopped laughing. "Lydia, this coronation dress has been passed down your family for generations! You don't even look bad! It's just not the usual thing you would wear."

"This day really couldn't get any worse, could it?" Lydia questioned. She was barely able to sit down because of how the dress was made. Today was her and Stiles coronation day. They were to be crowned King and Queen, everything had to be perfect.

"Lydia, get yourself together. You're just overreacting."

"Overreacting? I am sorry, but last time I checked I was going to be crowned the Queen of not one, but two countries!" Lydia yelled in frustration. She barely knew what to do. Lydia heard a knock on the door and sighed. "Who is it?"

"Empress Kira Yukimura of Korea." The familiar voice said. Lydia and Allison both smiled as the door opened.

"I can't believe you're here!" Allison exclaimed.

"It's so nice seeing you!" Lydia did her best to hug Kira, but it was hard with the dress she had. "I apologize, my dress is quite... large."

"Ugh, it's beautiful." Kira observed it, "Much better than how mine looked."

"I didn't know you and Scott were coming back. How did you even know that today was Lydia and Stiles coronation day?" Allison questioned as Kira sat down in one of the chairs.

"Word travels fast. Scott wanted to see his best friend and I actually kind of missed being in the castle so we decided to make a last minute trip here." Kira explained.

"Is Scott with Stiles?" Lydia asked.

Kira laughed, "Scott, Isaac, and Derek are all with Stiles right now. I overheard Stiles yelling about how foolish he looked in his coronation outfit." 

Allison rolled her eyes at Lydia, "It's like you two are physically linked..." 

Music started playing throughout the castle and Lydia groaned, "It's time."

"Do we have to hold the end of her dress?" Kira asked.

"No, the only person who can touch the coronation dress is the person being crowned." Allison replied, "Kira and I are best to be off now!"

Lydia watched as Kira and Allison walked out of the room. Lydia still couldn't believe she was becoming Queen today. She didn't even know if she was ready. "Lydia." Her father yelled through the door, "Let's go."

"Yeah, yeah." Lydia replied and opened the door, "I'm ready." She walked out of the room and closed her door. "Where's Stiles?"

"Waiting." Her father replied, "Don't leave your King waiting."

"I don't plan to." Lydia replied as she carefully walked down the stairs, trying not to trip over her gigantic dress. When she saw Stiles standing in front of the throne room's closed doors, Lydia laughed. He did look more foolish than her.

Stiles sighed, "Yes, I know it looks like I'm wearing a rug. At least someone here looks good."

"Thank you." The King said and Lydia rolled her eyes.

The doors to the throne room opened. Everyone stood up and turned to look at Lydia and Stiles. The two walked in as an anthem played.

Lydia was to go first. She walked up the steps and stood in front of the Queen's chair as the Archbishop spoke, "I here present unto you Queen Lydia, your undoubted Queen: Wherefore all you who are come this day to do your homage and service, Are you willing to do the same?"

"God save Queen Lydia." Everyone cried out. The trumpets sounded and Stiles went next. He held the orb in one hand and the scepter in the other as the Archbishop said the same words and everyone cried out saying, "God save King Stiles."

"Madam, is your Majesty willing to take the oath?" The Archbishop asked.

"I am willing." Lydia answered.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the People, your Possessions, and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

"I solemnly promise to."

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?"

"I will." Lydia agreed.

"Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England and America? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England and America, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?"

"I promise to do all that." Lydia got out of her chair and kneeled down as she put her right hand on The Bible. "The things which I have promised, I will perform and keep. So help me God." She kissed the book then signed the oath before returning back to her seat. 

The Archbishop handed her the book and spoke again, "Our gracious Queen: to keep your Majesty ever mindful of the law and the Gospel of God as the Rule for the whole life and government of Christian Princes, we present you with this Book, the most valuable thing that this world afford. Here is Wisdom; This is the royal Law; These are the lively Oracles of God." Lydia then delivered the book back to the Archbishop.

Stiles then began to take the oath after Lydia was finished.  He sat in the King's chair next to her and the two watched as their crowns were presented to them. The Archbishop placed the King's crown on Stiles head then the Queen's crown on Lydia's head.

"Long live the Queen! Long live the the King!" The Archbishop yelled and the people repeated. "May I present to you, King Stiles of America and Great Britain along with Queen Lydia of America and Great Britain."

The two stood up and people clapped before beginning to walk out of the throne room and into the dining area, which is where the feast or the 'party' was to be held for Stiles and Lydia. As everyone emptied out, Lydia breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness that's over."

"Do you realize that we are King and Queen now?" Stiles asked as they walked out of the throne room.

Lydia shrugged, "It's still registering in my mind."

"Mine as well." Stiles said. They walked into the dining area and everyone stood up and clapped.

"I could get use to this, though." Lydia whispered to Stiles and he laughed in reply.

-------------

Yay they're King and Queen now! I had to do a whole bunch of research to find out how coronations happened so I'm sorry if it's not completely right but whatever.

So I am considering publishing a Liam Dunbar fanfiction and publishing it soon or writing another Stydia one. I really like the ideas for both of them so yeah I don't know which one to do.

Thank you all for reading!

(And if you want to see what Stiles coronation outfit look liked, then Google 'King Coronation Outfits' and click the third one that has the purple.)