chapter 12

The days following the attack put everyone on edge. Lydia couldn't remember the last time the castle and country had been put in so much danger. Queen Isabella already let one man get into the castle and now she was able to get dozens of men inside the castle. No one knew what the next step would be.

Stiles and Lydia also weren't on the best speaking terms since the attack but they weren't mad at each other, they were mad at themselves and both thought it would be best if they didn't speak to each other because it could just create a bigger problem if a fight between them broke out.

Even with all that was going on, Empress Kira was still growing impatient and needed an answer about the alliance. She wanted to leave the castle and the only reason she still wanted the alliance was because of Scott. After the attack, she realized how unsafe America and Great Britain really are and that there really was no chance for beating France. Scott was the only reason Kira still wanted the alliance. Kira also decided that today would be the last day she would be here so today, so she was demanding an answer.

A meeting was set to happen today between Stiles, Lydia, Kira, and Scott. Scott was completely aware of what Kira wanted, but he didn't know what to do. He wanted America and Great Britain to become stronger and he knew that marrying Kira and sealing the alliance would do that, but he also didn't want to leave his best friend and he didn't want to leave Allison. Scott was enjoying his time at the castle. He was training an army and found a girl that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, but if he married Kira then all of that would go away.

When Lydia told Allison the news, Allison took it much better than expected. Allison was upset, but she was also quite calm. Lydia suspected that Allison took her anger out by shooting arrows at trees since Lydia saw Allison later that day in the backyard furiously shooting her arrows.

Since the invasion, Allison also began to be held at a higher position. Allison wasn't just known as Lydia's lady in waiting anymore. Allison even started training some of the castle guards on how to use bow and arrows more.

As the day moved on, the meeting was slowly approaching. Lydia was dreading the meeting and she was almost positive that everyone was too, except for Kira. Lydia walked into the meeting room and saw Scott sitting on the couch and staring at the ground.

"How long have you been here?" Lydia questions, breaking Scott from his trance.

He lifted his head up at her and shrugged, "An hour, I think. I don't know. I just needed somewhere to think and came here."

"This meeting room isn't exactly the best place to think, let me tell you that. This is where people come when they are stressed out. If you want to find a nice place to think then you should sit on the roof and look up at the sky or sit on the bench in front of the pond in the backyard." Lydia informs.

"I'm pretty sure Allison is in the backyard but the roof is an interesting place. I'll have to try that." Scott replies.

The doors open and Stiles walks in then Kira does. Kira was the only person who looked like she was enjoying herself. "Scott, hello." Kira smiles and sits across from him. "How are you doing?"

"How do you think I'm doing?" Scott fires back with sudden anger in his voice that surprises Lydia and Stiles.

"Okay, Scott, calm down. Don't get angry yet." Stiles says, "We still have a lot to talk about."

Kira narrows her eyes at the Prince, "A lot to talk about? We don't have anything to talk about. It's either Scott agrees to marrying me and the alliance will be official or he doesn't marry me and the alliance is no longer off."