chapter 14

The longer Malia stayed at the castle, the more Lydia got annoyed and angry. Stiles was somehow convinced that she was here because she genuinely wanted to make peace but he was a fool. Almost everyone in castle knew that she was probably here to take Stiles away or because there's a larger attack coming and that her mother just sent her here as a possible distraction.

Every time Lydia turned around, Stiles would be in a meeting with Malia or walking around with her. Stiles claimed that he was just being friendly but he was being a bit too friendly. Malia looked happy though, she wore a devious smile whenever Lydia crossed her path. No one in the castle liked Malia besides Stiles. Scott thought that she was a bit creepy, Allison wanted nothing to do with her, Isaac knew she was up to something, Derek spent all of his time avoiding her, and Kira was disgusted by her. The two King's weren't huge fans of her either and Lydia's opinion on Malia didn't need to expressed. Lydia just wanted Malia out of the castle and away from Stiles.

Lydia walked along the halls of the castle in an attempt to find Scott or Kira. Today would be the day where Scott and Kira decide if they want to get married and. Allison and Scott discussed the situation and decided it would be best if they just broke things up and became friends. Allison was sad for a few days and Scott was too, but they picked themselves up and continued with their life.

"Scott!" Lydia yells as she sees him down the hallway and talking to Derek.

"Hey Lydia." Scott smiles.

"Princess." Derek greets.

"The meeting should be starting soon. Have you and Kira decided to get married?" Lydia questions.

"I'll talk to you later." Scott waves goodbye to Derek then starts walking with Lydia, "I never thought I would say this, but I actually don't mind marrying her. She's nice and funny so it won't be torture for me."

"Are you sure?" Lydia questions, shocked by Scott's sudden change in mind.

He nods, "I'm positive. But what about you? Stiles has been spending a lot of time with Malia and I imagine that you're not too happy about it."

Lydia rolls her eyes, "Do I look like I'm happy about it? I don't even think she's allowed to be here! Just a few weeks ago Stiles went on about how France needed to be stopped and how terrible France was but now he's practically best friends with them."

"I get where you're coming from." Scott nods, "But between you and me, I'm almost positive that everyone in the castle dislikes Malia."

"Oh trust me, I am aware of that." Lydia says as the two walk into the room, seeing Stiles and Kira already there.

"Well, I believe that we've come to a decision." Kira smiles as Scott sits next to her and Lydia sits next to Stiles. "Scott?"

"I'd be glad to marry you." He smiles.

"And I would be glad to marry you." Kira replies.

"Do we even need the alliance anymore?" Stiles abruptly interrupts, "We aren't enemies with France anymore so is an alliance really needed?"

"Yes." Lydia nods, "It is needed."

"Malia has told us that France does not intend to hurt us anymore, she sa-"

"She said what?" Lydia exclaims, "Stiles, you've known her for barely two weeks and we've been enemies with France for a century! Have you lost your mind? You're just going to believe some random girl that says she has suddenly gone good? If your mother somehow breaks out of the prison and tells you that she's no longer evil would you believe her?"

Lydia stares at Stiles, waiting for an answer but he hesitates before speaking, "I probably would not."

"And that's your mother." Lydia says and stands up, "Kira and Scott, we'll discuss this more later but right now, I cannot stand to be in the same room at Stiles."

She walked out angrily then slammed the door, as she turned around she ran into Malia and shook her head. "What are you doing?"

"I was going to ask the Prince if he would like to get lunch with me." She says in an innocent tone. "Is there a problem?"

"Yes, I believe there is." Lydia says, "You've seem to believe that you can walk into my country, into my home and somehow think that with just a few words you say will somehow make everything okay."

"Maybe you should tell that to your husband because he seems to be warming up to me pretty quickly." Malia smiles before opening the door to political meeting room and slamming it in Lydia's face.

——

"My lady, are you sure you want to do this?" One of the guards asks.

"I am very sure." Lydia confirms. The guard nods and takes one of the keys to unlock the door of the prison cellar. "Leave us." She orders the guards and closes the door before walking in front of Queen Claudia of Great Britain.

"Ah, I've been waiting for you to visit." The Queen says in an amused tone. "Have you come to tell me when my head will be taken off? Or am I going to be freed?"

"That's up to your husband." Lydia replies, "I'm here because Princess Malia of France is at the castle."

"So soon?" Stiles mother asks and Lydia nods.

"She has managed to persuade your son into believe that France is no longer the enemy."

The Queen of Great Britain laughs, "Stiles always has been oblivious whenever he tries to see the good in people. I'm sure everyone is aware of the real reason Malia came except my foolish son. Malia is just here to take Stiles away from you. The Princess of France is like her mother in many, many ways. After Malia has managed to take away Stiles from you and travel back to France with him, they will be married and then become King and Queen. Their first task of being King and Queen will be to take down America."

"Oh I am very aware of that. But I know you have information and I need to know it. And if you lie then I will have you beheaded."

"Why would I have a reason to lie? I'm trapped in a prison cell! My husband doesn't seem to care one bit and I would like to get revenge of the Queen of France as well."

"Why is that?" Lydia questions.

"This may be hard for you to believe, but I actually do care about my family and have always tried to do what was best for Stiles. The very minute that Isabella sent the plague to the castle and led an invasion was the minute that I hated her. She put Stiles life in danger, which has led me to have a burning hate for her." Claudia says with pure rage on her face.

"I'm not too sure that I believe you. You've done some awful things and have broken my trust. I am not foolish like Stiles." Lydia says and Claudia laughs.

"At least you have a smart mind. If I were you, I wouldn't trust me either. But do this for me. Get my husband. Have him come here. He is the only person that has been able to see through my lies. Both of you can question me and I will tell you whatever it is that you ask."

"Fine." Lydia agrees, "But do you think that there's any valuable information that should be kept in the back of my mind?"

"To find the truth out about Malia then you need to talk to General Jordan Parrish. Very few people know this but I guarantee you that this is the truth. Malia and Parrish have been having an affair for the past two years. I'm sure that Parrish is enraged at Malia and is willing to let you know anything and everything about the Princess."

~-~-

 Malia and Parrish. Could you guys see that happening? I mean, I kind of could. What do you guys think about the weird Stiles/Malia/Lydia thing? And do you guys trust the Queen of Great Britain?

 Also, I have a new fanfic out and it's a Stydia one!! It's called The Art of Getting Better and I would really appreciate it if you guys read it and gave me some feedback!

I'm also planning for the next few chapters of The Monarchs to be intense, so get ready.