chapter twenty two

"And how's the army?" Lydia asked. She looked at her father and the trainers of the American army. "Will we be ready to conduct an attack against the French castle?"

"Yes, very soon." Derek nodded, "The army is improving everyday."

"Good." Lydia said in a tone of approval. Ever since Allison came into Lydia's room to make her see things more clearly, Lydia has been invested in her work to protect the country. She's been in so many meetings that she can't keep track of how many anymore and she's been helping create a plan to attack the French castle. Lydia became tired of America always having to suffer and she wanted to see France suffer.

"I still think our attack plan needs to be improved." The King said and Lydia heavily sighed.

"We will worry about that later, for no-" Lydia's sentence was cut short as she heard chaos in the hallway. "If France is attacking again, I swear that I won't hesitate to have someone beheaded."

"Okay, calm down." Isaac said. "I'll go see what's happening." Isaac carefully opened the door and closed it as he left the room. It didn't take him long to arrive back, but when he did he had a surprised look on his face.

"What is it?" Lydia asked.

"Stiles. He's back in the castle and he has the Princess and Queen of France with him." Isaac informed. Everyone looked at Lydia and she shrugged.

"This is as much as a surprise to me as it is to you!"

"He's heading towards the throne room. He probably think that you and Lydia are in there." Isaac told the King as he looked back down in the hallway.

"Stiles hasn't been gone for that long. I don't know why he would think we were in the throne room." The King said to his daughter, "We go on there less than twice a month."

Lydia shrugged again. Her and her father quickly walked to the throne room. Lydia sat in the Queen seat next to her father and waited for Stiles. She couldn't believe he was back. She didn't know why he was back. He didn't have any reason to come back to America since he made his choice for France. If Stiles was here to negotiate something, then Lydia didn't want to hear it.

The large wooden doors opened and Stiles walked in. Lydia felt her breath get caught in her chest when she saw him. The Queen and Princess were tied up and the King tilted his head confusedly.

"Queen Isabella of France and Princess Malia of France have been committed of treason. It requests immediate action. And if you don't believe me, I have a tape to record it. May I?" Stiles dug a black tape out of his pocket. The King nodded and Stiles walked to give it to him. Lydia was careful not to make eye contact with Stiles. As soon as their eyes met, she turned them to look at the Queen and Princess. Even with how utterly confused Lydia was, she felt satisfied seeing her two greatest enemies tied up and weak.

"Thank you, Stiles. You have done well to protect my country." The King thanked Stiles and showed him a look of gratitude. It was easy to tell that stress was just lifted from The King.

"It was my honor, sir. Now if you excuse me, I would like to go back to my room and unpack."

"You're dismissed."

Stiles nodded and turned around to walk back to his room. When Stiles left, she breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't even realize that she was holding her breath the whole time.

The King let out a small laugh, "Lydia, I think we've finally won."

Lydia turned to look out her father, "We have to behead a Queen and Princess of France. I don't think we've won. I think we just started a war."